A&H

Be ready for this

one

RefChat Addict
Not that it couldn't happen before but once football starts again I am hoping deliberately coughing in an opponent's or official's face won't become something disgruntled players would be tempted to do.

But just in case it happens, be prepared for it. For me it is the same as spitting, unless there is detective from powers that be.

The Referee Store
Not that it couldn't happen before but once football starts again I am hoping deliberately coughing in an opponent's or official's face won't become something disgruntled players would be tempted to do.

But just in case it happens, be prepared for it. For me it is the same as spitting, unless there is detective from powers that be.
Given that Covid will be around for years, I'd imagine that IFAB will have to act, but I'm betting they'll do so on a reactive basis

People have been prosecuted for coughing at people (common assault) here in the UK so I think a red card is an easy decision.

Luckily I never had one of these but we’ve all see the furore that happens in a ‘normal’ spitting incident. I can see fireworks if this happens!

In the immediate period post Covid-19 perhaps it will be considered good practice to not ask for the players name etc following a card. Maybe it will be the end of this practice going forward.

In the immediate period post Covid-19 perhaps it will be considered good practice to not ask for the players name etc following a card. Maybe it will be the end of this practice going forward.
Understand where you're coming from on this but if the powers that be are happy to sign off on the significant physical contact / closeness that is a normal part of football, can't imagine referee interaction with players will end up a special case

I do find it quaint that y'all do that--pity they don't have numbers on their shirts in the UK :D . . . but I agree that if the games can go on, there's hardly a reason for refs not to ask players for their name--we talk to players all the time, even in places we don't ask for names

Back