A&H

BBFA Senior Cup

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Have any of our members who operate on the Hellenic league had Shrivenham Town this season?

Curios to know what they’re like ahead of tomorrow’s Senior Cup game.

The Referee Store
Definitely preparing. League form looks 50/50 for example but can’t tell the whole story on simple stats.

In my personal opinion at our level there is not much preparing that can be done, a side from what you know about the teams.

Doesn't hurt to ask but in 2 consecutive games I have had two clubs with a reputation. And in both games, they have both been one of the best behaved teams I have had all season!!

So I could tell you, yes I have had them (I haven't), the managers a twit (he might not be) and the captain, no point trying to work with him (he might be a top lad) and the number 3, got a right potty mouth on him, get him in the sin bin early (might not be needed) . And then after all that preparation you might just have an entirely different experience anyway.

In my personal opinion at our level there is not much preparing that can be done, a side from what you know about the teams.

Doesn't hurt to ask but in 2 consecutive games I have had two clubs with a reputation. And in both games, they have both been one of the best behaved teams I have had all season!!

So I could tell you, yes I have had them (I haven't), the managers a twit (he might not be) and the captain, no point trying to work with him (he might be a top lad) and the number 3, got a right potty mouth on him, get him in the sin bin early (might not be needed) . And then after all that preparation you might just have an entirely different experience anyway.
I don't value knowing much at all about teams in advance. I'd rather just take them as they come. We do need to know about the team we're working with however, cos the pre-match needs pitching appropriately (obviously)

Back