A&H

Basham SUFC rescinded Red V Norwich

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Watching it live on the Hookey channel and I saw straight red, the first camera angle makes it look pretty bad, but obviously seeing the second angle, it was less conclusive and an orange I thought! Lucky boy overall as it was a senseless tackle, he was going nowhere!!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Seen it once (Not realising it was overturned by VAR) and astonished that's a clear and obvious error

Seen it once (Not realising it was overturned by VAR) and astonished that's a clear and obvious error

I think the application of clear error can depend on what the R tells the VAR he saw. If the R “saw” the lead leg take out the opponent, that was clear error. (But what I suspect he “saw” from his angle.)

Without seeing the other angle mentioned above, I'm baffled about what the clear and obvious threshold is looking at this decision

Can you imagine how well that would work if the VAR said 'oi, Si! I reckon you've got that wrong. Here, have a look for yourself....'

First view it does look nasty but the 180 degree view suggests yellow is correct. No need for a monitor review.

Player reaction has completely fooled him or his assistant there.
Hope it was the AR cos he had absolutely no view to decide that was a RC
Norwich players swarming in on that was embarrassing

Tbh I’m surprised it’s been overturned but can see why. Looks dangerous and out of control but of course there isn’t a lot of contact

I think the viewing angle must have done him hecking, too.
100%. Watching it first-time at normal speed from behind the referee (standard TV angle), looks like a red.

At least the Norwich player's alright. Looked awful first time round.

Back