A&H

Barcelona appeal a yellow card!

The Referee Store
I think the news article have mis-reported what happened. There's another thread on here which shows a video of the referee showing Suarez a straight red card, which could be appealed.

Oops, didn't read the whole of the article - sorry! I'd highly doubt the appeal will be upheld. Unfortunately I'm not sure whether Spanish rules allow them to appeal yellow cards.

On a similar note i was told at a recent meeting that video evidence is no longer needed to appeal red card, as used to be the case. Once clubs get hold of that then we may be attending a few more appeals.

On a similar note i was told at a recent meeting that video evidence is no longer needed to appeal red card, as used to be the case. Once clubs get hold of that then we may be attending a few more appeals.

Do you have a link to more information on this? I was under the impression that the wording was something like 'substantial independent evidence' which was widely interpreted to mean video evidence. Is it a new interpretation or new wording?

Do you have a link to more information on this? I was under the impression that the wording was something like 'substantial independent evidence' which was widely interpreted to mean video evidence. Is it a new interpretation or new wording?
From another thread:
In the case of a claim of wrongful dismissal for offences with a penalty imposed under
the Laws of the Game of an immediate dismissal (excluding Law S6, the use of offensive
or insulting or abusive language/gestures or S7, receiving a second caution in a game),
evidence upon which the claim is founded, which must include a video cassette recording/
DVD showing the incident, if one is available, must be submitted by the player concerned
and his Club, together with the relevant fee and MUST be received by The Association
by the close of business of the fourth working day following the match (as below*).

This seems to suggest that video evidence is not absolutely necessary but must be submitted if it exists.

Back