A&H

Ball Out of Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - nice one. There's one...
Quick searches bring up more examples of when it was correctly ruled out, rather than in, but VAR correctly comes to the conclusion James showed very frequently, as do ARs and referees. Newcastle vs Arsenal was another, and we see the same principle applied all the time with goal line technology usage.
Although just for the record, I did say in the OP only touchline/throw-ins...
It is the same principle/law/rule, and not many people pay attention to that so it's extremely hard to find pictorial examples online.

A&H International
At this point I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. When you started the thread, you implied the law was incorrectly implied and the throw-ins were awarded before the ball went out. Now I'm not quite sure if that's what you meant. Could you just clarify that so that I don't accidentally take this away from the OP?
Yes correct. I do imply the law is incorrectly implied and throw-ins are sometimes awarded before a ball is out of play.

Quick searches bring up more examples of when it was correctly ruled out, rather than in, but VAR correctly comes to the conclusion James showed very frequently, as do ARs and referees. Newcastle vs Arsenal was another, and we see the same principle applied all the time with goal line technology usage.

It is the same principle/law/rule, and not many people pay attention to that so it's extremely hard to find pictorial examples online.
I realise that and that is perhaps of significant reason why it seems to get overlooked so often - because it's 'only' a throw-in (and doesn't warrant VAR (at the moment?...)).

I realise that and that is perhaps of significant reason why it seems to get overlooked so often - because it's 'only' a throw-in (and doesn't warrant VAR (at the moment?...)).
To be honest, I'm not going to waste any more time looking for examples on this topic. As another user has said, could you possibly provide us with some examples?

...however, I strongly suspect that for this particular rule "...There are some subjective rules that have wiggle room in terms of how strictly they are applied..." and it's being wrongly applied more often than it should be.
I think you are watching the wrong games. Club assistants that are not trained might flag anything - we’ve all seen the YouTube vids.

If you watch grassroots football with real appointed referees, all trained referees know that the whole ball has to be out.

You will even hear referees and assistants communicate: ”not the whole ball” and similar.

(Are we being trolled again?)

Every qualified assistant referee knows that the whole of the ball has to cross the line, but ruling on it is sometimes easier said than done. Fairly easy when the ball is on the floor, but much more difficult when the ball is in the air. I wouldn't claim for a minute that 100% of decisions are correct, but to claim that they are all wrong is just pure nonsense.

Pedros next post will be. Why do referees make mistakes. Every game a referee makes a mistake. I have never seen a referee not make a mistake. Show me an example of a referee not making a mistake and I will show you lots of examples of referees making mistakes.

He has a point though, all of you make a lot of mistakes.

Especially you

NEVER, except Pierluigi Collina, have I EVER seen the correct rule on ball out of play being exercised.
That's a very bold claim to make - do you have any actual evidence to back it up?

And - unless you saw him in the very early years of his career before he started doing games with assistant referees, I rather doubt that you've ever seen Pierluigi Collina give a ball in or out of play, as that's something a referee almost never does in a game where there are assistant referees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back