A&H

Baggies v Reds

The Referee Store
For the equalizer (1-1), why did Mike Dean restart play with a FK?
Just seen it. Shouldn't have even stopped play.
VAR should have got involved. That is a serious match changing error. The only reason I think is that West brim do win the ball so does that break the link back to the error in the attacking phase?

Yep, he's too close to play and thinks there has been a foul when there hasn't. I've had that a lot over the years, although I usually end up missing a foul because I was trying to take evasive action to get out of the way.

Wow wtf us he doing?!

He clearly impedes fabinho (Dean this is, not a wba player), there's no hint of a foul.

Why so you stop play and, as you say, why do you restart with a free kick?

Just seen it. Shouldn't have even stopped play.
VAR should have got involved. That is a serious match changing error. The only reason I think is that West brim do win the ball so does that break the link back to the error in the attacking phase?

No way VAR can get involved under the protocol. They can go back to the build up to the goal, but they can't go back to before play was restarted to correct an incorrectly awarded free kick.

No way VAR can get involved under the protocol. They can go back to the build up to the goal, but they can't go back to before play was restarted to correct an incorrectly awarded free kick.
Yep you are right. Hadn't considered that. Mental.

Goal for me that, don't think the keeper is impacted at all. He reacts totally normally to the initial header

Don't agree at all tbh

The way he reacts tells you that he's not blocked at all
Agree. VAR looked at the first header, the offence would have been from the actual shot on goal.

Not in line of vision... Therefore goal.

The more I see the free kick I think the ref has had an absolute shocker, I don't think he's given a FK for a wba offence at all

Some sort of MLS style official review would be so much appreciated

Back