A&H

Badges

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
Hi, when i start refereeing i am going to save up some match fees and get the umbro dimond kit but im not sure about badge wise, i would like to have the fa badge on it but would i need the norfolk county fa badge if i refereed county cup games? is it possible to swap badges on the same kit? thanks

The Referee Store
Double sided sticky tape is your friend.

Some leagues like you to wear their badge. To be honest, it won't harm wearing a county badge in all games. But if you'd prefer to get the FA badge, get a bit of double sided sticky tape and affix your county badge with that for county appointments

Not sure how it works in Englandm but what we (I) do in Wales was wear the County badge until you reach National List, then FAW all the way.

I have seen English referees' wearing FA badge one side and County on the other, or like ross says, get the FA embroided and double tape county over when needed.

Not sure how it works in Englandm but what we (I) do in Wales was wear the County badge until you reach National List, then FAW all the way.
You need to be a level 6 I think in wales to have the FAW badge

But with Swansea City academy the referees are level 6 so if they use the West Wales FA badge it doesn't look as good as the FAW badge

to my knowledge you can have FA, county badges on no matter what level, only thing you can do is have items that say stuff like PGMOL or kits that FL referees wear such as the yellow kits. I've been told by assessors as well they don't like it, especially if you aren't anywhere near that level as one of my assessors thought i was wearing one and was ready to "tell me off"

to my knowledge you can have FA, county badges on no matter what level, only thing you can do is have items that say stuff like PGMOL or kits that FL referees wear such as the yellow kits. I've been told by assessors as well they don't like it, especially if you aren't anywhere near that level as one of my assessors thought i was wearing one and was ready to "tell me off"
They're a lot stricter in Wales on when you can have the FAW badge on your shirt (L6/5 is required)), I nearly got caught out when I passed my referees course

I think its because in England, the 'FA' badge is actualy the FAMOA badge, so isn't the same as being awared the three lions. If you look at the badge Phil Dowd was wearing in the Man Utd v West Ham match, then you will notice that os is different from the 'FA' badge on A&H. Whereas is Wales, we have a county badge and an FAW badge.

As for the Swansea City matches, do they come under FAW or FA, because I know Wrexham and Newport come under FA, so the levels are different. It is one of the down aspects of levels in Wales being different to levels in England!

I don't actually know about Swansea City Academy matches, it's all Welsh officials in the academy when it's being played in Wales and FA Officials when they play in England so I don't know if it's FAW or FA

I would think that they are FA matches, but they delegate to the FAW because it is quite a way for officials to travel, so I wouldn't be too concerned with the levels. (I could be wrong!)

But wearing the wrong badge in front of the wrong assessor is self destruct!

Yep, I use my West Wales FA badge, not taking a massive risk of getting in s**t for the wrong badge, I don't fancy getting a fine/suspended.

Badge choices in England:

County
FAMOA
3 Lions
Individual league

For the FA Cup, you are required to wear your County badge, unless you have been awarded the 3 Lions. You get 3 Lions if you officiate (middle or line) an FA final (FA Cup, Trophy, Vase, Women's FA Cup, Youth FA Cup etc) or if you are awarded your FIFA badge.
For FA Cup, this is the order (and only acceptable choices) for badge wearing.
FIFA
3 Lions
County.

For Contrib, you are required to wear a shirt with a FAMOA badge on, or that of the individual league.
At Supply level, you are expected, but not required, to wear a a league badge if there is one available. If not, you should wear FAMOA as you are an FA official and that is why you're appointed to that game, not County.

For ALL County games, it is a requirement to wear the badge of the County, no exceptions/excuses.

Other than that, wear what you want. Personally, I always wore FAMOA and then added a second badge, depending on league/competition that I was officiating in.

So how does it work if your parent county is the Royal Navy FA and you are officiating in a devon county game as you are affiliated to devon?

Do I wear the RNFA or the DCFA badge

Thanks! I had to ask as you were talking famoa and county, where as I have 3 to choose from lol, lucky me!

In cornwall most officials were their county badge in the left hand side and the FAMOA badge on the other

Back