A&H

At Madrid v Liverpool

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Watching the game and saw referee give a free kick against Salah for putting his foot on top of the ball and nicking it off the full back. With the full back realising he is about to lose possession that easily he went to kick it and ended up kicking Salah. Assistant, 2 yards away, unmoved. Referee, I'd say from a replay, about 30 yards away gives a free kick. He clearly has guessed what has happened based on replays showing what Salah done (I didn't even think it was a foul in real time) without using assistant for, well assistance.
What is the point being mic'd up, him being yards away and not using him?

The Referee Store
Not as bad as McMamanamanaman's contradictory co-commentary
Don't think I can do 90 mins

Good bit of refereeing there.

Mane, on a yellow, supposedly fouls his man by use of his arm. Player definitely play acts and still gets the free kick. Is surrounded by a fair few Madrid players and instructs them to go away. They don't listen. He trots back 3 or 4 paces, hard whistle, and calls Koke (captain) over and visually explains if they crowd again, it's a card. He literally swings his arms around his head to simulate crowding around him and then waves the imaginary card before indicating no more.

Let's see if he practises what he preaches this next 45 minutes.

Watching the game and saw referee give a free kick against Salah for putting his foot on top of the ball and nicking it off the full back. With the full back realising he is about to lose possession that easily he went to kick it and ended up kicking Salah. Assistant, 2 yards away, unmoved. Referee, I'd say from a replay, about 30 yards away gives a free kick. He clearly has guessed what has happened based on replays showing what Salah done (I didn't even think it was a foul in real time) without using assistant for, well assistance.
What is the point being mic'd up, him being yards away and not using him?
Poor decision. But that AR has also flagged the wrong way for a throw.
Both ARs have done the offsides according to the bizarre wait-a-bit-and-then-flag VARce protocol - I think it must be very confusing for them - but the offsides seem to have been correct.

Anyone else wondering when there will be an angle on the goal showing Morata touched the ball and then questioning if there was offside?

Not a great first half from my TAA and VVD capitalised heroes though :(

Poor decision. But that AR has also flagged the wrong way for a throw.
Both ARs have done the offsides according to the bizarre wait-a-bit-and-then-flag VARce protocol - I think it must be very confusing for them - but the offsides seem to have been correct.

Anyone else wondering when there will be an angle on the goal showing Morata touched the ball and then questioning if there was offside?

Not a great first half from my TAA and VVD capitalised heroes though :(

I think that is why the review on the goal took so long, if Morata did touch it then it would very be a very tight call.

The delaying the flag is so frustrating. I get it when the offside is very tight, but they did it when Madrid lost the ball and Salah then miscontrolled it. Firmino was 10 yards offside but he waited for the ball to go into the goal before flagging.

Added time is also appalling. The goal VAR check took best part of two minutes, there have been injuries, yet only one minute added, that just isn't right.

I actually missed the goal real time. Saw it at half time and initially thought offside but then closer inspection thought it came from a liverpool player. May be wrong.

I actually missed the goal real time. Saw it at half time and initially thought offside but then closer inspection thought it came from a liverpool player. May be wrong.
The big touch came from Fab but it might have touched Morata on the way through... there's one good side on angle but I haven't seen it slowed down. The ball looks like it changes trajectory but I couldn't tell if there's a touch or not...

This ref is appalling.

Favouring everything Madrid.
Giving the things he does for Madrid but not for Liverpool.
As mentioned earlier, the single minute for added time despite the lengthy delays.

Klopp gets booked probably for comments more of frustration because of this poor showing by the ref yet Simeone gets away with jumping around on the pitch all the time.

93 let's Costa take a Liverpool free kick and doesn't book him.
(Didn't book the time wasting change of thrower earlier either)

Well, fair enough, you don't win if you don't score and Liverpool didn't create chances, really at all.

The referee looked out of his depth but it wasn't the deciding factor. VVD phoned it in. Only played one long ball all game. Trent was poor with and without the ball by his standards. Seemed like we might get a goal as we pressured in the 2H but not enough.

Back