A&H

Assistant Caution Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran W

I was acting as an assistant on my game today, the referee cautioned several players and there was a sending off for 2 cautions. Do I need to report these via Whole Game too or is it just the referee that does this?

The Referee Store
I was acting as an assistant on my game today, the referee cautioned several players and there was a sending off for 2 cautions. Do I need to report these via Whole Game too or is it just the referee that does this?
You only need to report if the referee acted on your say so. Then your report backs up the referees report.

As there is no longer a requirement to write up for second cautions I fail to see what value add you reporting as well gives. Normally I will discuss with my assistant whether I want/need them to report as well.
I dont think I'd ever ask it for a caution.

Agree with James, for cautions (and 2x caution dismissals), it's the referee's job alone.

For any straight red where he's acted on your say so, he may simply put in a report saying "on the advice of my assistant, I dismissed the player" and name you. If this is the case, you'll need to do your own report, but even then it would usually only be done this way if the referee didn't see it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back