A&H

aspiring referee

chris wilson

Good evening,
Perhaps the wrong place but I couldn't find a more suitable area.

I'm booked on a course at RAF Halton in two weeks time and just had a few queries.

Can you be affiliated with more that one county FA? The reason I ask is because of my position in the air force I spend my time in Derbyshire and shropshire .

How quickly is the progression?

How easy would it be to find a game on both Saturday and Sunday? Id like to think that I can progress all the way to the top and very serious about a potential career so would like to get as many games in as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

The Referee Store
Hi Chris,

Ex-Army myself so know the perils of postings. In answer

1) You have a "Parent" county that looks after you, but you can be affiliated to other counties (norm 1, sometimes 2) so these sort of look after you, but mainly report on you back to parent - think of it like having parents but living with Antie and Uncle. Make you parent one wher you spend the MOST of your time.

2) Progression - to be considerd for a promotion season you need to have completed at least 20 games last season ie

Mar 2010 - Feb 2011 complete 20 OA games as referee
Nov 2010 apply to be on promotion for next season

Mar 2011 - Feb 2012 Complete 20 games, with minimum numbers submitted for assessment in time periods (min 3 between Mar and June, 5 between June and Nov, 3 between Dec and end of feb) this measn that you have game spread throuhg the season, not just 20 in the first 4 months then nowt for rest of the year. Of the sames submitted they then choose when to assess - submit EVERY game you get so there are no excuses for not getting the min required.

by mid feb 2012 the CFA will get your assessment reports, club marks, league marks etc and see if you are worth of promotion.

Early March 2012 find out of you have been promoted.

Now, looking ad your next promotion - you need to register in November for the next seaso, but you dont know if youve been promoted till March, so yoiu would still need to register for your next propmotion, justincase you get it.

So the two overlap, as does your admin and the plat splinning to keep it all on track.

Either way, you will need to have done 20 + games in the previous season to qualify for applying for promotion, and need to do 20 in the prom season too, so basically, keep plugging away at 25 games a season, and apply for promotions regardless.

3) Quite easy, if there are both sat and Sun leagues in the area. Leaguews are alwasys short of refs, so you can chose the leagues you like when you get to kow them - Sunday morn footy is n0rmally lower standard and hungover footy - sat pm better quality and serious players.

finally, good lukx with the career - i would only sa please please please do not try for double jumps 7 - 5 or 6 - 4. You might meet the critera for promotions but you can not speed up experience.

Think of it i military terms - if someone has taken 3 years as Crewman, 3 years as SAC, 3 years as sgt they have 9 years of experience (and would probs be quite a good sgt). If you could double jump and do all the courses needed ad jump from crewman to Sgt in 18 months how good would they be? Make sense?

PS - what trade are you, just out of interest, PM me if you prefer.

S

Back