A&H

Arsenal vs Palace

Quarryref

Shouting in frustration at the telly as the Sky commentators go on and on about the non-award of a yellow card against James McArthur in a situation where Mike Dean played an advantage for what would have been a routine SPA if he had stopped for the free kick. Completely text book example of where you can't award a YC now - no whiff of reckless or persistent.

I really do think commentators and pundits should have to take a LOTG test before they are allowed to inflict their lack of knowledge on the watching masses.

The Referee Store
Interested how McArthur wasn't sent off for the martial arts kick Saka.
100% on purpose with intent, disgustingly dangerous.

Shouting in frustration at the telly as the Sky commentators go on and on about the non-award of a yellow card against James McArthur in a situation where Mike Dean played an advantage for what would have been a routine SPA if he had stopped for the free kick. Completely text book example of where you can't award a YC now - no whiff of reckless or persistent.

I really do think commentators and pundits should have to take a LOTG test before they are allowed to inflict their lack of knowledge on the watching masses.

not watching it but

observing this season, the referee did go back for the yc
to be sure before I gasped afterwards, i was like, can you just confirm the yv in c xx mins..
" spa, played advantage, them went back for the card"....

not good.

There are only a few fouls that true SPA + advantage actually occurs.
There's lots such as the blatant holds thay are just USB in their own right..
That said, this seems to be one that football either didn't get the memo or isn't accepting and we might see a change.

Back