A&H

Ars v Che

The Referee Store
Hazard made the most of it, but it was a ridiculous hack with little chance of winning the ball and got a chunk of Hazard's calf muscle instead. However in time honoured tradition Wenger thinks it was a farcical decision, he's in a minority of 1. Doubt he would be saying that if it was at the other end!

Blatant dive by Wilshire, lucky for him replays showed Taylor's view was blocked.

Think someone stole Morata's shooting boots. :mad:

I would also add the referee played a huge part in Arsenals equaliser
He awarded Arsenal a free kick in their left back position when it was a clear slip.
There was one min to go and away team leading 2-1 and what should have been the ball rolling to a Chelsea player due to the slip became a free kick, wrongly.
Nobody will ever know, but that free kick is not given, Chelsea see out the last few seconds
Instead, crucial possetion was given to Arsenal, Chelsea never got the ball back under their control and Arsenal eventually scored
80 yards up park, yes, 30 secs or so elapsed, yes
But the whole passage of play was started by the referees wrong free kick award

Add in booking Fabregas when not even a free kick was merited and adopting positions which saw him hit by the ball twice and taking evasive action on around a dozen times to get out of the way, to the attacking teams deteriment

Wiltshire potential second yellow, ref view was blocked but thats where your AR earns his dough, a big clear shout of "dive" and we get the correct call
A FIFA AR at that? Was he leaving the call to the ref? Was it above his station?
Poor team work all round

Throw in Conte spending more time out of his tech area than in it, and, it was a poor rights work.

If Morata hadn’t of put his boots on the wrong feet the penalty would have been the least of his problems. L’idiot

Pen yes. Dive - maybe/maybe not. Certainly one of those pro moves to make sure his leg drags but is it a “dive” Yeesh not for a second yellow. You better be 1000% sure before you send someone off for a dive - like Taylor was in the FA cup final on Moses.

I have said before - I’m an arsenal fan. Mike Dean was awful and maybe a mistake that cost us 2 points. Taylor was average at best on the night and the pen was a pen but it’s a bit unlucky. Having said all that I would like AW to calm down the referee rhetoric, he is acting like a Sunday league manager and forgetting the decisions that have gone for us this year. Perhaps it’s a deflection strategy but it is getting a bit much even for me.

Most definitely a penalty. Would be nice if the FA sent Sky and BT a copy of the LOTG! Then pundits may start talking sense when it comes to Ref's decisions. As for Mr Wenger's comments. He should be given the strongest possible punishment. Only serves to encourage dissent at grassroots level IMO.

Been a great sight to see a penalty awarded and a yellow card for exaggerated simulation! Has this ever happened?

100% penalty - coming from an Arsenal fan ;)

Definitely contact from the Arsenal Player - Anthony Taylor rightly awards the PK! It would help of the FA sent LOTG to pundits!!

I called it in real time too .... this comes from a ref who called no goal to the Frank Lampard shot in the a World Cup!

Pundits should not need sent the LOTG, their employers are the ones who should be responsible for making sure the people they pass to pass comment are fully aware of the subject matter

Old Betty would not be expected to inform the nation of Tesco share price fluxation simply because she worked on the deli counter there, so asking a player to be fluent in the lotg is a bit much.

I would not go and play American Football. Why, because I dont like it, but if I did, i would like to think I would learn the rules first.

Footballers simply know they are talented and get on with it, with disregard for what is right or wrong.

Been a great sight to see a penalty awarded and a yellow card for exaggerated simulation! Has this ever happened?
If it did I think it would be incorrect in law. Under the lotg you can only caution for simulation if he pretended to be fouled. you can't have it both ways (by saying he pretended to be fouled and giving the foul at the same time).

There is also the feigning injury case which I don't think happened here. He has not deceived the referee by LOTG definition.

Back