A&H

Archiving Teamlines

boulderdomb

This is probably a stupid question but when do you 'bin' team lines from old matches? I have a stack of team lines in one of my cupboards and have always been cautious on getting rid of them. Every teamline, report etc I have made I keep in my google drive as to have a backup however I'm worried that one day someone will ask for the original!

My plan is to shred them although I wanted to know what the general consensus is - do you shred yours? Do you keep them forever?

I suppose a follow on question to this are team lines protected under GDPR e.g should the association have some sort of guidelines for deleting player information on old team sheets after a certain period of time? Can players request what information is help on them?

The Referee Store
I guess it depends on what your league rules stipulate.

Out of my 3 leagues 1 requires the team sheet to be sent back to the disciple sec, and one requires they be kept for a year, but teams have to give a copy to each other, and send a copy to the league as wel.

At least here in Finland we are required to keep them for a year.
I didn't know that. I always keep mine long term. There have been maybe three occasions where I have been asked to fax my original copies of the team sheet and notes - I think always to do with a potential ineligible player in youth.

I didn't know that. I always keep mine long term. There have been maybe three occasions where I have been asked to fax my original copies of the team sheet and notes - I think always to do with a potential ineligible player in youth.
That is what I got told when I did my course and I don't really think anyone would be interested on those team sheets after a year.

My main league has gone online starting this season. No papers kept. A bit open to misuse with a few loopholes but once they get it right it's much better than the paper form.

My main league has gone online starting this season. No papers kept. A bit open to misuse with a few loopholes but once they get it right it's much better than the paper form.
Ours are all online ...once we get home and punch the info in. Though in the higher leagues, the home team have an iPad and we sign after the game, which is nice.

In England I would suggest keeping them for at least 3 months, and ideally for the whole season. If there is a question mark over player eligibility, and the two club team sheets don't match (i.e. one has been doctored) you will need to produce yours as it will be the true story.

Back