A&H

AR positioning for far side corner

It wasn't a problem - I got an 8,5 for the game as there were a few things behind the refs back and some entering the field to help prevent mass con - so it was just a passing WTF!

And I'm trying to get promoted to a place where the details matter. I haven't had extensive training but I'm up against young guys and girls who have so I have to take in everything I can to do it "right" - and as an AR that means as expected in a lot of ways IMHO ;)
This particular detail just doesn't matter. Observers (surely) should focus on the important things rather than distract promotion candidates with this sort of nonsense

The Referee Store
This particular detail just doesn't matter. Observers (surely) should focus on the important things rather than distract promotion candidates with this sort of nonsense
My top tip for promotion: take everything from assessors and peers with a positive attitude. Just a thought;)

I found myself thinking of this thread as I did a line on a very windy Thursday.

I did step in front of the flag for far side corners - the wind was howling and the corner flag flapping away violently, causing quite a distraction when in ones line of sight.

Simple soulution to step in front of it to take it out of my eyeline

I found myself thinking of this thread as I did a line on a very windy Thursday.

I did step in front of the flag for far side corners - the wind was howling and the corner flag flapping away violently, causing quite a distraction when in ones line of sight.

Simple soulution to step in front of it to take it out of my eyeline

No issues with that at all, just common sense. What is a problem is the by now ancient approach of coming all the way into the 18 yard box or even further. That absolutely shouldn't be done any more, but still referees in England still do.

I didn't cover this in my pre-match yesterday but noticed one of my NARs standing in front of the corner flag at far side corner kicks. Although he was well over 6 feet tall the strong wind was blowing the flag around and would have been a distraction even for him.

I had a CAR who was in front of the corner flag and 5 yards in. Still it was an improvement from last time I had him on the line where he got annoyed because I ignored him when he flagged for misconduct and fouls despite being told not to and when he his team lost threw my flags down in a paddy!

Back