A&H

AR Flags

Danny

Hi folks,

Just wondered if anyone can suggest some good AR Flags. I am not bothered about buzzer flags etc, and I have a cheap set of Sondico ones, but fancied a little xmas treat for a better quality set with a bag. More cloth than the cheaper looking Sondico ones if you know what I mean.

Appreciate your feed back

Dan

The Referee Store
If its flags for yourself yo use I'd recommend the Touchline ones from A&H, if its to give to Club Assistants get some cheap ones off eBay....

Thanks Guys,

Do you have a preference which you go for ie, quarters, one quartered one plain?

Is there ay reason why you wouldnt use for CAR's I manly do Junior football to be honest and never don an open age one yet.

Thanks Guys,

Do you have a preference which you go for ie, quarters, one quartered one plain?

Is there ay reason why you wouldnt use for CAR's I manly do Junior football to be honest and never don an open age one yet.
If you give a good set of flags to a CAR, within a few games they'll be wrecked as unfortunately they don't often show that much respect towards them. Give your cheap ones to CARs as if they do break they are cheap to replace and you don't need to worry about keeping them in pristine condition. You can't really go dishing out 20-30 quid every time your good set go bust. Save your good ones for NARs as they will use them properly and not ruin them!

If you give a good set of flags to a CAR, within a few games they'll be wrecked as unfortunately they don't often show that much respect towards them. Give your cheap ones to CARs as if they do break they are cheap to replace and you don't need to worry about keeping them in pristine condition. You can't really go dishing out 20-30 quid every time your good set go bust. Save your good ones for NARs as they will use them properly and not ruin them!

I have to disagree with this. I've had my current Touchline flags since last October and they are still as good as new, despite being used up to four times a week by club assistants.

"What's your secret?" I hear you cry. It's simple. When briefing the assistants before the game, I ask them to treat the flags as they would their own kit. I also use the "I've already had them replaced by one player this season" line. I've even got the original retaining caps on them. Talk to your assistants before the game with respect and common courtesy and they will respond in the same manner I've found. Bark at them and make the, feel they are just there because they aren't good enough to get in the starting line up, they'll soon be digging a ball out of the hedge with them.

Cheers DB, I think i may be ok using them for the under 11's to 18's with the parents then should i wish to. Then as i get to open age cheap and build from there ;-)

Reactions: DB
I've been using touchline flags with CARs for the last two years, and they're still in good condition. The cloth flags themselves could probably do with replacing as they've gone a bit soft and slide down the pole a little, but they've definitely not been mistreated.

I always find that the flags are reasonable looked after - and TBH if/when my touchlines get knackered and clubs make a comment ill simply say 'how would you look if youd been waved around in the rain every sunday for 2 years?' :p:p

I got one of my flags back on a Sunday morning with a fag burn right through the middle, i told the club. The bad news is your going to have to pay to replace that, the good news is they were £4.99 off Ebay!! :)

I got one of my flags back on a Sunday morning with a fag burn right through the middle, i told the club. The bad news is your going to have to pay to replace that, the good news is they were £4.99 off Ebay!! :)
You should've told them they were the £500 touchline flags, and that they'd need to replace the whole set (plus 4th official stick, obviously) :D

Back