A&H

Alan Pardew headbutt

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
My twitter feed has been going mad about this! Anyone seen it?

Grounds for him being sacked perhaps?

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
Not seen it but gob smacked at the very notion of top level manager doing that to a player. If he somehow keeps his job he won't be on the touchline of Newcastle game for some time I suspect.

cheers, jojo

just watched it for first time

hull player should have been red carded for violent conduct

pardew is a numpty

Not sure where the red card is for the Hull player, all he does is give Pardew a shove - yup, Pardew should be disciplined - not sure how, but we shouldn't be seeing him in the dugouts for a good long while, and he should face action from his employers as well although I'm not totally confident about that lol.

He does seem to get himself into some situations though doesn't he?

Just seen it on MOTD and it looked 50/50 but that Hull player provoked AP by leaning into him and pushing AP. That's my thought

£100,000 fine + formal warning from NUFC

plus whatever the FA gives him

fair?

I'm not justifying it by no means, but if it were a player, there is no way it would be that much

cheers, jojo

just watched it for first time

hull player should have been red carded for violent conduct

pardew is a numpty

The player is sprinting after the ball, Pardew steps over the ball and let's it run instigating the contact in the first place!

Hull are in a hurry because they are behind, Pardew quite blatantly appears to block the HUll player from retrieving the ball for a quick throw. Hull player shoves him out of the way and Pardew reacts.

Replace Pardew with a NUFC Player and what have you got? Provacative behaviour and delaying the restart for starters perhaps, followed by VC.

Personally, I'm not sure Hull player did anything wrong here, Pardew appears to have willfully provoked the player into the shove by intentionally attempting to slow him down and blocking his path.

Really can't argue with the 'numpty' comment above - he does seem to be building a reputation for himself.

You're all wrong!

Hull player (Meyler) did the right thing and should've been given 3 points for doing that. Pardew should be banned for life and Hull should be given 20 points for the emotional and physical stress caused by the incident!!!!!!!

No bias what so ever in this comment :hmmm:

Absolutely ridiculous. This is the latest in a catalogue of incidents (shove on the linesman/ Pellegrini rant) and I really hope the FA throw the book at him! As Haywain said, numpty :mad:

Club have fined him £100,000 and told him to stop being a naughty boy.

Greg Dyke's turn next...

Last edited:
Can understand why people might consider a red card too strong but.....Pardew had every right to be standing there and had no need to move out of the way, whatever commonsense might dictate

Another player and a yellow card might have sufficed, but an outside agent, red card every time for me

For those talking about the size of the fine, the amount he can be fined as a result on an in-house disciplinary case is probably written into Pardew's contract. It is also a not so subtle attempt by the club to prove they are putting their house in order before The FA get involved.

He has an odd contract. Apparent relatively low wage but with great bonuses.

Lol he's lucky he isn't in a zero hour contract which mr Ashley loves.

Anyone see the irony in a sports company being run by a man who doesn't look like he has done exercise in quite some time?

I'm done now.

Back