A&H

Open Age After almost 8 years - It's Over!

The Referee Store
Still waiting for my first abandonment after 10 years. 😉🙂

(I've really gone and done it now eh? 😁🤔)

I've only ever abandoned one game.

Triple leg break, the venue? Same one as I had my first ever 0-0 this past week! 😁

I also sent a player off at this ground for a second yellow for dissent a few years ago only to discover later that it was actually coming from a spectator stood behind him.

It's not been the happiest of hunting grounds for me!

I've had a fair few 0-0s on the line but only ever one that I was refereeing - 1st April 2013.

I've had two abandonments - one on the line in 2015 where it got abandoned due to the floodlights failing at half time, and one in the middle in 2019 where I had to abandon it after 90 minutes!

plenty 0 0s

Game abandoned, snow, we went off park, waited till snow stopped, came back out, snow came back on heavier than before, midweek game, nobody could see even with floodlights
Game abandoned home team 5 red cards, investigation found out it was a set up
Game abandoned senior national cup tie, park booked for 2 hours, cup tie went to extra time, factor in half time etc, we got to first period of extra time and the facility instructed us the let was up, with another game waiting to come on!
( to clairfy, as referee i had no indication in advance as to this potential)
it resulted in a change, where three hours must be reserved for cup ties played to a finish, the decision of the board on this game however was away team win as home team failed to provide adequate facility.

every days a school day

plenty 0 0s

Game abandoned, snow, we went off park, waited till snow stopped, came back out, snow came back on heavier than before, midweek game, nobody could see even with floodlights
Game abandoned home team 5 red cards, investigation found out it was a set up
Game abandoned senior national cup tie, park booked for 2 hours, cup tie went to extra time, factor in half time etc, we got to first period of extra time and the facility instructed us the let was up, with another game waiting to come on!
( to clairfy, as referee i had no indication in advance as to this potential)
it resulted in a change, where three hours must be reserved for cup ties played to a finish, the decision of the board on this game however was away team win as home team failed to provide adequate facility.

every days a school day
I take it the game with 5 reds for one team was a set up, how did they work that out?

I almost had an abandoned game due to leaves.

The field was cut, grass perfect height. Lines drawn.

Had a windstorm hit a couple days before.

I arrived early and couldnt find the touchline as it was covered with leaves along one entire side.

When both teams arrived, I showed the coaches. Three refs, two teams and coaches, and a bunch of parents kicked leaves to the borders for about five minutes...

I take it the game with 5 reds for one team was a set up, how did they work that out?

Turned out the home team had a huge fall out with the club during the week and did not want to play at all, far less against the team at the top of the league, well, joint top, against the team most the offending players had agreed to move to in the summer
Home team wanted to lose to opponents, to prevent the third team winning the league, the big rivals
Keeper was off first, not for dogso even tho he was last man ( this was 12/13 year ago) but for sfp, Harold Schumaker style, knocking the oponent out in the process.
This was in the first ten min. I then had yellow after yellow for the home team, , the away team, who were excellent, telling me they were fearful for their safety, whilst knocking in goal after goal
The home team coach was not the registered coach, just a random parent, and the whole thing was a mess
was a second red before ht, score was 0 v 4 or 5 nil or something, and away team had to win by xxx number of goals
i had no idea what was going on at the time but home team wanted to lose by ten goals or something
They never got their wish as we stopped around the hour mark, i really cant recall what the score was, 7 or 8
i was not involved in any hearing, merely submitted my misconduct reports and confirmed the abandoment.
all very odd, going to guess prize money or something was a factor.

I almost had an abandoned game due to leaves.

The field was cut, grass perfect height. Lines drawn.

Had a windstorm hit a couple days before.

I arrived early and couldnt find the touchline as it was covered with leaves along one entire side.

When both teams arrived, I showed the coaches. Three refs, two teams and coaches, and a bunch of parents kicked leaves to the borders for about five minutes...
My game yesterday, the teams spent over an hour clearing grass cuttings from the pitch.

Back