A&H

Advice for training regimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kref

I have noticed this season that my fitness isn't as good as it should have been (mainly because of covid). Anyone have any training regimes which help with endurance, shorts sprints, fitness and anything else I cant think of. Thanks

The Referee Store
I have noticed this season that my fitness isn't as good as it should have been (mainly because of covid). Anyone have any training regimes which help with endurance, shorts sprints, fitness and anything else I cant think of. Thanks
Whenever I go jogging, I tie a tractor to my waste and drag that round the roads

Aside from that, I'd suggest you mix it up to the max.... 50m, 200m, 400m, 1600m reps... don't push it when the tank is empty, go for it when you're feeling good, focus mostly on high intensity short duration bouts. Don't get bored and most importantly... are the rest days

Then once you've improved, take it easy for a long while, so you're ready to go again when required

nyone have any training regimes which help with endurance, shorts sprints, fitness and anything else I cant think of.

There's one in the resources page, and it gives some nice exercises to do, that you can rotate.

Some people thought they were a bit too easy, but you can always mix and match to do two, i.e. a sprint and an endurance running session combined.

Perhaps have a look at that.

Whenever I go jogging, I tie a tractor to my waste and drag that round the roads

Aside from that, I'd suggest you mix it up to the max.... 50m, 200m, 400m, 1600m reps... don't push it when the tank is empty, go for it when you're feeling good, focus mostly on high intensity short duration bouts. Don't get bored and most importantly... are the rest days

Then once you've improved, take it easy for a long while, so you're ready to go again when required
I grew up in a small farming community in the Midwest US. We called this “old man strength” where farmers would have uncanny strength from their farm work. :)
I feel like a few I knew could pull a tractor if they wanted to do so.

I find it difficult to get motivated for training and tend to get bored. I took advantage of my employers cycle to work scheme and cycle to and from work each day, bout 30 mins each way. I have to push myself to not just drift along but it does it for me

I meant to say tractor tyre TBH... Obvs I couldn't pull a whole tractor :confused:
They're fine to pull around provided you remember to take the handbrake off. I regularly pull one around when I go to the shops.

I would recommend doing the fitness test in smaller increments and build yourself up. Also, critically, what is your strength training regime?

Ahh I've been doing palates to help with another condition of mine buts that amount it. Don't judge.
Pilates are great, but they are mostly for mobility and flexibility. I would recommend hitting the gym and do some weight training. It is critical for injury prevention.

Pilates are great, but they are mostly for mobility and flexibility. I would recommend hitting the gym and do some weight training. It is critical for injury prevention.
Yeah I was planning on hitting the gym this summer as I will have more free time. Any recommendations for weight training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back