A&H

Advantage, SPA and YC?

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Back in the real world I had arguable my biggest game today, in the women's second tier.
Commentators, music, good respect handshake, hot, drinks break, good ARs - one especially good AR.
I was a bit hasty with one advantage and called it just as a player was tackled so had to bring it back for the DFK.
I also called a PK when a defender wiped out an attacker late after a shot. It was a big foul and the ball was still in play - the contact was very quick after the shot so the ball was in play - the shot was skied.

One moment of note. The only YC of the game. A late slider that was probably reckless but definitely SPA. It was in front of the defender's bench and I whistled it and gave the card. However, unexpectedly, an attacker kept the ball in on the wing and it would have made a good advantage. No complaints but advantage would have been better.

Let's just pretend it was a careless challenge and SPA... can you play advantage and then card for SPA at the next stoppage if the advantage means the promising attack actually continues?

The Referee Store
Yes. I'd be using the layman's terminology of "cynical foul" to explain it though, as you'll get serious questions if you say SPA!

Back