A&H

A Match I did

The Referee Store
At 27 minutes, there is a no-foul decision I made that was somewhat contentious (well, at least the crowd in the stands shouted for it). My thinking on the play was that the player had carried the ball into pressure, found herself with no options going forward and no time to turn around so she went down easy. No chance am I giving her the ball for that. I would be interested to hear what you think.

Just had a flick through the first couple of incidents, looks like you were spot on with both the penalty and the non free kick, looked like more of a coming together.

What really stands out though is the respect that the players have for both you and your decisions, doesn't appear to be a single complaint which is fantastic to see.

Just wish I could understand what the commentators were saying about you! :p

We referee in different worlds. I give that first penalty and I am expecting to deal with a lot of dissent - just seemed like the offender and her team mates accepted it? It was difficult to tell from the video, was it that blatant?

I also do not think I have heard Canadian French spoken before. It's like an unusual French accent intermixed with americanised accented names! (To my ears of course!)

Yeah they did accept it which, to be fair, is rare but in this case I had a good relationship with the players (have seen them plenty of times) and they knew it was pretty obvious.

Canadian French is terrible. I can assure you that I don't sound like when I speak French.

Very interesting to watch and listen to...Penalty Box is a bit of a mouthful!

Video quality not brilliant so hard to be sure. 1st pen looked a good spot; 27 min incident - some will give some won't, looked like a shove in the back to me but hard to tell force from the video. 2nd pen looked a bit harsh - fired in hard from a short distance but again difficult to see exactly where her arms were - it seemed to be one of those ones where you can see replays from 6 different directions and still not be certain.

Great to see you in action.

You know, I'm not sure that the term he uses for penalty area is the correct one. He's used a lot of funny words instead of the correct ones, like whatever he calls free kicks which is meant to be called "coup franc."

As for the incident in midfield, if there was a push then it was slight and exaggerated by the player and, as I said, I mainly didn't give it because she was trying to get me to give a foul to get her out of a sticky situation that she'd created for herself.

On the pen, it looked surprisingly harsh on the camera but I can assure you that at field level, it was pretty clear-cut.

Thanks for having a look.

Back