A&H

A-League Comms

The Referee Store
I love listening to these clips.

Only thing i never got from it all when player stands over the free kick and he tells him to go away as its an easy yellow but didnt show the yellow.

Absolutely love this sort of stuff. Clearly a great ref and well-liked and respected by the players too - expecting big things from him when he moves!

Football fans absolutely lap this up, it has almost 4,000 retweets on twitter and 150,000 views on youtube thus far.

The PGMOL are seriously missing a trick not exposing clips like this wherever they can, fans are ignorant of the process behind decisions.

I expect that the A-League is MUCH more sanitised than the Premier League however, they would have to sift through clips of our officials being called every name under the sun to find a suitable one.

Clearly has immense respect from players the way they are saying he will be missed and wishing him all of the best.

Football fans absolutely lap this up, it has almost 4,000 retweets on twitter and 150,000 views on youtube thus far.

The PGMOL are seriously missing a trick not exposing clips like this wherever they can, fans are ignorant of the process behind decisions.

I expect that the A-League is MUCH more sanitised than the Premier League however, they would have to sift through clips of our officials being called every name under the sun to find a suitable one.

I think you're seeing something similar with the US organization posting clips of VAR/Referee communication and other video clips. Show that the refs are human and not just out there to screw your club.

For example, the Michael Oliver clip from the FA Cup final was almost universally praised by fans and pundits.

Exactly, and the PGMOL must know that, so why are they not releasing more, it's stupidity!

Not expert on EPL matters but certainly in Scotland, a lot of the appeal, if that is the right word, a lot of the interest, is served by folk not knowing the ref is human, they like to stoke them up as pantomime villain, it sells papers, it generates publicity for the game, and here where the game exists for the 2 Ugly Sisters, a lot of the publics fun would be removed if they realised refs were human.
A radio station used to have a top ex ref in the studio explaining things, but, the reality was, nobody wanted to hear the facts, it was more fun to speculate and deal with the fiction

mentality.

Reactions: JH

The PGMOL are seriously missing a trick not exposing clips like this wherever they can, fans are ignorant of the process behind decisions..
At the very least with the introduction of VAR next season they should release audio from VAR decisions like the Dutch FA have done:

At the very least with the introduction of VAR next season they should release audio from VAR decisions like the Dutch FA have done:

It's helpful. Not only does it clarify how the team of officials came to a tough decision, it helps with transparency with the 'random people in a dark room' making key decisions on big matches.

Whether it's an issue like this or VAR etc, I'm afraid that British football authorities are generally behind everyone else when it comes to innovation and progress.

I read some of the twitter comments and what is clear is that the majority of people who watch games are unaware as to just how much communication goes on between the officials and the players throughout the course of the game. I'm all in favour of having officials comms published, especially for KMI's, just so the fans and pundits can see how the officials have got to the decision in question.

I read some of the twitter comments and what is clear is that the majority of people who watch games are unaware as to just how much communication goes on between the officials and the players throughout the course of the game. I'm all in favour of having officials comms published, especially for KMI's, just so the fans and pundits can see how the officials have got to the decision in question.
Some people genuinely think the referee just makes it up as they go along. A lot of people genuinely believe Premier League officials are biased or make decisions based on favoured teams...

One of the funniest things I saw on twitter was fans discussing how PL referees should have worked their way up the leagues (they did) instead of getting fast-tracked to the Premier League (they didn't), then they might be better. They need educating.

2 Million views between youtube and twitter in less than 24 hours.

PGMOL, what are you doing?

The youtube link is dead due to copyright i think.
I must add releasing vids like these doesn't make sense for all games. But one out of every few games are good candidates.
It's not dead, it may be blocked based on location?

There's already a misconception that this is advertising referees to be heard all match every match on tv and in the stadium (lots of 'works in rugby so why not') as opposed to a snippet to show off communication...

Back