A&H

A decision we might not see in England?

The Referee Store
Wasn’t sure at first... after uncrossing my legs - and analysing- player left his foot, the natural swing of the leg - for me seems to halted and held... unfortunately for the player!

There was one a little bit like this today at Bramall Lane, Big SUFC CH clears a ball and Roofe from Leeds slipped, I think as he charged it down, His hip catches the cheek of Roofe and he's out prone, ref completely played on as he saw no foul but then quickly realised that the player wasn't moving! Seems player has lost a tooth (according to Leeds manager), Looks totally accidental to me above, although the player may have risen an octave!!

Wasn’t sure at first... after uncrossing my legs - and analysing- player left his foot, the natural swing of the leg - for me seems to halted and held... unfortunately for the player!

When I began writing this message, I was in agreement. However, the more I watch it, the more I think white shirt is out of control, going over the top with excessive force. Maybe that strange swing of the leg was evasive action. A very difficult one in the moment for the official.

I’ll watch again tomorrow with a clear head... maybe I’ll change my mind...

When I began writing this message, I was in agreement. However, the more I watch it, the more I think white shirt is out of control, going over the top with excessive force. Maybe that strange swing of the leg was evasive action. A very difficult one in the moment for the official.

Go on. What exactly has the white shirt player done wrong here?

I be honest. Just see it. Ok am just in from town
I thought free kick yellow team. And no card
One view thats what am saying

I will watch it with a sore head in the morning..l

I posted this vid in another thread.

I have no doubt the yellow player know what he was doing and his action was deliberate. For good measure he lifts his non kicking foot and has a ride on his his other foot for maximum impact instead of at least trying to pull his leg out after kicking. This is a deliberate action to hurt an opponent and the fact that he kicked the ball before it is no excuse.
This scenario happens often in games and any player with safety concerns rotate/swing on the non kicking foot to avoid contact.
"Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off"

White shirt over the the top with excessive force? What are are you watching ref? :)
1518329583124.png

That is nasty/dangerous in my opinion. However, if you're questioning whether I would give that in real time, without the benefit of several replays/stills, I see your point.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20180211_0003.png
    wp_ss_20180211_0003.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: one
Back