A&H

A couple of assessments

Ryan Owens

Token Colonial
Level 3 Referee
I've been assessed on a few matches since my last post so I've attached them. Can't say I'm not disappointed by the overall score on the end since on both, the assessor told me that I had a good match. I think the 70 (which is the "you've done everything expected of you but no more" mark) on the women's match was as a result of the match not being at all challenging (hence him suggesting I do more challenging matches in the needs improvement section). I always hate when I don't get much by way of 'needs improvement' but then don't get a mark which reflects that fact. Oh well, maybe you guys can glean some points from the assessment that I can't.

Attachments

• AUS Men AR.pdf
    9 KB · Views: 18
  • Ref AUS Women.pdf
    10.4 KB · Views: 16
The Referee Store
The main thing I take from that is just what you stated. He believes you need a bigger challenge to show your true ability and help you develop further. I took an implication that you were too comfortable. Too Big a fish in a little pond?

A pretty decent assessment overall.

The match certainly was not at all challenging -- and it's not even one of those matches where I would defend myself by saying "it was challenging, I just managed the players well" because there were relatively few things that really needed managing outside of the norm. I would have to agree, though, it was far too comfortable. This weekend we're having the league championships in my neck of the woods and I'm the only official to have been assigned to all four matches (two lines, one middle and a fourth) and I'm gunning to get the middle for the finals -- it will be appointed based on performance. If this assessment is anything to go by, I think it's a perfectly reasonable goal.

Back