A&H

9 man brawl and no red cards!

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Caught an interesting one this morning. Took the pooch over to the local park for a walk and thought I'd take in a game or two.

Watched a game that was pretty uneventful. So quickly got bored, and found another. Much more interesting.
Late tackle, easy yellow, or so you would think. Lad that got tackled quickly got up, and decided to vent his frustrations on the other players face, cue a load more people getting involved, all throwing punches. Referees reaction? Nothing. Once it had all died down, he decided to just play on with a free kick. couldn't believe what I saw

No idea who the teams were, or even what league it was. Just worries me that this went unpunished

The Referee Store
It would be abandoned if the any of the 2 teams went below 7 players left on the field of play and with my maths their would be 1 team at least left with 6 players on the pitch.

Correct. Should have mentioned it was 6 players from one team. All should have walked in my opinion, but somehow the referee decided not to take any action whatsoever.

too many referees dont like doing reports, really poor take a match fee but cant be botherd doing a proper job:(

Report writing isn't the chore it used to be.

Norfolk FA was the worst! Pink and blue forms and had to done in triplicate and they wouldn't accept photocopies. Now that was a chore, especially if it had been an 'eventful' game

Although it seems a case of "You had to be there" I'd have probably been leniant in terms of my bookings for this event - sent off the two that started it, probably one more from the team that delivered 6 players to the fray, and cautioned the next few to get involved. Play on but be really tight and on top of things for a good 10-15 minutes right after to let things die down. Yes, a considerable amount of paperwork incurred but I don't think it's too bad - many associations now have online forms anyway.

Back