A&H

6th Form v Teachers annual match.

Reffariiii

RefChat Addict
In hindsight, I should have asked this question before the match, but there you go! The match was this afternoon, and its an annual cup, sponsored by the Rotary.

I was just wondering, because it is a very light hearted affair, and that although it is a cup, 21 out of 22 players on the pitch don't play footbal regularly, appart from the weekly 7-a-side against teachers, so I was just wondering, would you referee differently?

The same goes for tomorrow, I am refereeing mini football at a local 'fun-day' (oh the joy :rolleyes:), and also an U14 girls match, all of who'm I know have never set foot at a football ground before, let alone on the pitch! So I was just wondering if any of you would take a different approach to that aswell?

Many thanks in advanced :)

The Referee Store
I can see where you're coming from thinking you need to 'tone-down' the LOTG.. However, still apply them but yes water them down slightly. It is for charity so there should be no choice language from people so just let yourself go with the match. You should be able to let it flow a lot and there shouldn't be many fouls and the ones that are there will only happen because of clumsiness not malice.
I always enjoy such games though, they are always good fun to referee and the players are usually up for a laugh too!

Hope you enjoy the matches though!

Echo what Greg said really. Just enjoy yourself with it.

I used to referee a game at my old school, where a penalty was always to be awarded in the last minute, so that a certain player with cerebral palsy could take it. All for charity, and was always a great laugh!

The game went well, all light hearted banter, and no real problems... Well, except ofr the head of the 6th form reminding me that the 2nd year 6 forms won't be here next year, but the teachers will! :)

Back