A&H

19 Years Old - Tall & Skinny

Reffing4Life

Level 7 Referee
Hi everyone,

I’m 19 years old, 6’3, 150lbs, 18.5 BMI, 10.6% Body Fat, 57.8% Skeletal Muscle.

I currently require around 8 hours of sleep per night which is down from 10 hours around a year ago. These changes have occurred as a result of a healthy vegetarian diet over the last year. I know 8 is still a lot but I am still only 19. My height and weight has remained around the same for over a year as well now.

I’m just curious is there is anyone on here who can give me advice to healthily build muscle while retaining high levels of energy.

Sorry if any of this sounds stupid!

Thanks so much for your help!

The Referee Store
What's your pin number?

Sorry, that's literally all I can contribute. As someone with a ridiculously high metabolism I have always struggled building and retaining muscle mass.

What's your pin number?

Sorry, that's literally all I can contribute. As someone with a ridiculously high metabolism I have always struggled building and retaining muscle mass.
My pin? You mean because I gave pretty much every other detail about myself? 😄

8 hours sleep? Christ! I’m lucky if I get 3 hours at the moment.

Reactions: es1
8 hours sleep? Christ! I’m lucky if I get 3 hours at the moment.
Yeah I’m at uni but finished for summer, and I also have a broken arm so I can’t go to work as it’s a physical job and so rest is rather plentiful just now 😁

10 hours sleep...Holy crap. With a 3 year old and, soon to be, new born I can't imagine I'll get that over 2 nights

I've been injured for 3 months too and reckon I've put more fat on in that time than you have in your body!

He said he needs 8 hours sleep. Believe it or not at 55 I also need 8 hrs sleep but I get about 6 hrs if I'm lucky. Some weekend nights I make up for it by getting around 9hrs sleep.

My son is 6foot flat and was 62kg as a 20yo. He gained 10kg in about a year and a half doing a carb/protein diet an weight training. He wasn't a vegetarian at the time but he is now. He stopped the diet and training and lost most of the gain.

Speak to a personal trainer who also is a dietitian. There may be some on this forum.

Stop being a wussy veggie and get some meat into yourself. 😉😄
You can't build muscle without resistance training AND consuming lots of protein (at least 1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day). If you're not eating meat or taking supplements then that's practically impossible to do.

Hi everyone,

I’m 19 years old, 6’3, 150lbs, 18.5 BMI, 10.6% Body Fat, 57.8% Skeletal Muscle.

I currently require around 8 hours of sleep per night which is down from 10 hours around a year ago. These changes have occurred as a result of a healthy vegetarian diet over the last year. I know 8 is still a lot but I am still only 19. My height and weight has remained around the same for over a year as well now.

I’m just curious is there is anyone on here who can give me advice to healthily build muscle while retaining high levels of energy.

Sorry if any of this sounds stupid!

Thanks so much for your help!
Based on your description, you're genetically gonna find it near on impossible to build significant muscle mass without taking 'gear' and you'll struggle even to make small gains through hard work. Stay 'sporty' and your body will develop naturally. I too would've blown away in a Beaufort Scale 4 when I was your age
I filled out in my mid-twenties. When this process fails to abate and you get to 17 stone in your Forties, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about 🥧

You can't build muscle without resistance training AND consuming lots of protein (at least 1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day). If you're not eating meat or taking supplements then that's practically impossible to do.
There’s actually a LOT of high protein meat alternatives now. I don’t lift weights but I tend to take a protein shake or eat a lot of protein after a hiit session or indoor bike ride. There’s so many meat alternatives now that have loads of protein. Usually pea, but it varies. It’s definitely better than it used to be and I think meat alternative companies are making a point of loading as much protein as they can into their products

Yoga - not the fancy named take-your- money stuff but a decent regular class or home programme will help.

It’ll also aid your recovery post match.
Yeah funnily enough i do it each morning! Guess I’ll keep it up!

10 hours sleep...Holy crap. With a 3 year old and, soon to be, new born I can't imagine I'll get that over 2 nights

I've been injured for 3 months too and reckon I've put more fat on in that time than you have in your body!
It wouldn’t be difficult! There isn’t much on me at all!

He said he needs 8 hours sleep. Believe it or not at 55 I also need 8 hrs sleep but I get about 6 hrs if I'm lucky. Some weekend nights I make up for it by getting around 9hrs sleep.

My son is 6foot flat and was 62kg as a 20yo. He gained 10kg in about a year and a half doing a carb/protein diet an weight training. He wasn't a vegetarian at the time but he is now. He stopped the diet and training and lost most of the gain.

Speak to a personal trainer who also is a dietitian. There may be some on this forum.
Thanks very much!

Thanks for the info!

Based on your description, you're genetically gonna find it near on impossible to build significant muscle mass without taking 'gear' and you'll struggle even to make small gains through hard work. Stay 'sporty' and your body will develop naturally. I too would've blown away in a Beaufort Scale 4 when I was your age
I filled out in my mid-twenties. When this process fails to abate and you get to 17 stone in your Forties, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about 🥧
Yeah I’ve been told many similar things! Perhaps I should get some of this ‘gear’ you speak of 😂 just kidding 😆

There’s actually a LOT of high protein meat alternatives now. I don’t lift weights but I tend to take a protein shake or eat a lot of protein after a hiit session or indoor bike ride. There’s so many meat alternatives now that have loads of protein. Usually pea, but it varies. It’s definitely better than it used to be and I think meat alternative companies are making a point of loading as much protein as they can into their products
Thanks! 👍

You've just described me too lol

Back