A&H

Yellow/Red then abandoned

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
U18 match...Blue home team appealing every decision, red team wanting every decision it was going to be one of those days....cautioned blue player for dissent which quietened things down for a while, then second half sent off Blue 7 for violent conduct, cue spectator shouting threats at players effing and blinding,home players squaring up to away players free for all.... cue whistle cue match abandoned cue called over both managers to tell them why, and all i got was "We wont win the league if u do that" so much for player safety...... anyway match abandoned lovely detailed reports to go in

The Referee Store
Did you abandon the match because of the behaviour of the spectators? I note that you did not say that any spectators entered the field of play, so I was wondering about the reason for abandonment of the game.

When players were squaring up to their opponents, did you caution any of them, or involve the captain?

I was not there, but abandoning a game must be a last resort. I have done it once in 32 years.

Back