A&H

Yellow or Red?

The Referee Store
I've said it before, but;
Usually;
DP + Contact = Endangering the safety of an opponent = SFP

My guess is if the players ran in from 30 yards and made a bigger fuss, he would've gone red. Seems to be how it works unfortunately. In this situation you've got to stick with your instincts even though the players aren't expecting it, it's probably happened to us all.

The severity of the foul dictates nothing but red here.
I think what influnced the referee was, being very early in the game, players non-reaction, remorse from the offender, 'he didn't mean it' ....
On an orange card you let other circumstances influence you one way or other but not when it's as clear red as this.

The severity of the foul dictates nothing but red here.
I think what influnced the referee was, being very early in the game, players non-reaction, remorse from the offender, 'he didn't mean it' ....
On an orange card you let other circumstances influence you one way or other but not when it's as clear red as this.
Spot on, one.

Reactions: one
It takes some doing to stomp on a player's head at that height!

It doesn't look like he's deliberately tried to hurt him, but surely having a boot in the air at head height and then connecting with someone qualifies as excessive? I could only imagine giving red in those circumstances.

That's nothing less than common assault. Red.

Harsh. Every referee should know this is red but when you look at the Italian coach’s head smash assault and this I’d persoannly keep the hyperbole generator in storage and save it for horror incidents.

Our colleague has made a big mistake on the day and I can only assume his thinking was that it was so slow that it wasn’t “excessive”...though as @Big Cat says if you play in a dangerous manner and you connect you have to pay the price. Dangerous manner which connects means endangering the safety of your opponent. Simples.

Is it the high boot incident we are looking at here ?????
If so, its a red for me
late
Dangerous
endangering the safety of an opponent

Ticks all the red card boxes for me

Back