A&H

WSL - Liverpool v Birmingham

The Referee Store
Boo boo on behalf of the ref. Good man for having the balls to admit and apologise for his error though.

Sod's law in flies in. :)

I can put my hand on my heart and say I have not done it.

This season. :D

Happened to me 3 weeks ago

Late in a one-sided youth game - all players form both sides responded to a whistle on the pitch next to me - as I looked up (2 seconds after the whistle) play was going slowly backwards - I was happy to let them carry on

I have the whole story gents was with the referee concerned on Tuesday night but alas cannot divulge sorry maybe at a later stage

Leaves us room to speculate!

I wonder who, if anyone, actually said anything (and to whom) at the time ...

Found an extended video on You Tube - doesn't show anything else - except - have a look at what the Birmingham GK is wearing !!

Found an extended video on You Tube - doesn't show anything else - except - have a look at what the Birmingham GK is wearing !!

do you mean the reddish kits he is wearing according to the ref tv made it look worse on the pitch orange and red of Liverpool were very different

Yep - tv can make colours look the same - and - from experience - waist lines bigger too :)

but you would tho wouldn't you

if you get a chance to watch all the match there a very strange incident on there no............... you have to see the whole match not sure of when it happens

Last edited by a moderator:
if you get a chance to watch all the match there a very strange incident on there no............... you have to see the whole match not sure of when it happens

I'm guessing it's the quick corner routine or the almighty scramble ..??

no feminine incident

just cannot repeat on here though

Not sure why not, it was on the TV. A player appeared to lose her 'feminine product' and the ref very quickly got the physio to come on and pick it up (in a plastic bag)!

On the broad topic, I watched the whole game, being a bit of a fan of the women's game and of Liverpool. The referee seemed very aloof and disinterested most of the game - whether that was true or not. When it came to that kick-off, right after Birmingham had scored, he clearly went to blow his whistle, realised they had started already and waved to play on. I was in two minds - certainly I have no time for the Birmingham concerns that he should have checked the keeper was back in goal after celebrating - that's up to her and her captain in my book. However, having gone to blow the whistle and then reacting, he allowed the complaint that the Birmingham players weren't to know that play was restarting, giving a clear (and IMO, unfair) advantage to Liverpool.

Good on him for apologising though - and it was a great shot after all!

Not sure why not, it was on the TV. A player appeared to lose her 'feminine product' and the ref very quickly got the physio to come on and pick it up (in a plastic bag)!

On the broad topic, I watched the whole game, being a bit of a fan of the women's game and of Liverpool. The referee seemed very aloof and disinterested most of the game - whether that was true or not. When it came to that kick-off, right after Birmingham had scored, he clearly went to blow his whistle, realised they had started already and waved to play on. I was in two minds - certainly I have no time for the Birmingham concerns that he should have checked the keeper was back in goal after celebrating - that's up to her and her captain in my book. However, having gone to blow the whistle and then reacting, he allowed the complaint that the Birmingham players weren't to know that play was restarting, giving a clear (and IMO, unfair) advantage to Liverpool.

Good on him for apologising though - and it was a great shot after all!
some things are to be left unsaid, re ladies issues ,as for the whistle I have it on good authority that after the goal was scored and to start the game again technically the whistle has to be blown, I know that a great deal of us just get on with it this shows us that there is always something ready to bite back at us

The whistle must be blown to restart play after a goal, a caution, a sending-off, a free kick where the wall has been moved back by the officials, when a substitution has been made, or a player has received treatment for an injury.

Back