A&H

Women's FA Cup

The Referee Store
Yes this is normal and you could also get an fa youth cup appointment.

who have you got?

I am assistant referee for Rottingdean Village LFC V Crawley Wasps LFC

Annoyingly I was wrongly appointed to 1 last season on a closed date, luckily haven't held that against me and I have a 1Q Round match as AR next weekend.

I had a suspicion that you would be younger @LHref as county fa's will give younger officials these sorts of fixtures to test you out for the climb up the pyramid. Us new boys who over 30 probably won't get a sniff of these games!

They don't appoint based on age. They do rely on feedback on the leagues you referee on though.

Some of the appointments can be inconsistent though. Like appointing assistant referee's on county games that only referee with CARs that have never held a flag. Also, giving county finals to refs for a women's final, who haven't refereed any women's games all season, which to me is unfair on those referee's that have put their all in all season. The same with youth football too and vets (over 35s). The worst I saw was an over 35 game the referee was not expecting it to be as competitive as it was.

I am 32 and in the past 4 seasons I have had 3 fa youth cups and 2 women qualifiers. plus I think they choose me because I don't mind the travel. I also do a split of 32 centres and 40 assistant referee appointments.

I had a suspicion that you would be younger @LHref as county fa's will give younger officials these sorts of fixtures to test you out for the climb up the pyramid. Us new boys who over 30 probably won't get a sniff of these games!

As above I have one this season, and I'm well over 30 and definitely NOT a "newbie"!

I am preparing the injury sniper's rifle. If I reduce the competition I might increase my chances. Still a case of FA :(

Reactions: SM
Back