A&H

Wolves v Bournemouth - 2 red cards

Montenapoleone

Hi guys,

There was a couple of red cards in the Wolves v Bournemouth game yesterday that Wolves fans are unhappy with. The club have also said they're going to appeal both decisions. Just interested to get some different opinions and see what people think.

1st - van La Parra red card at 0:21 on the video - I can see why a red was given. I think it's a clash of heads rather than an elbow but he does seem to jump into the player with his arm high.

2nd - Doherty red card at 1:01. - He takes the ball with one leg and catches the player with his trailing leg.

The Referee Store
Mm, have to agree with both imho.

1st leads with the arm, eyes on the player rather than the ball and makes strong contact. Interesting that absolutely nobody but the last player on the scene is bothered about the unconscious defender though :confused:

2nd is excessive force imho, little or no control and off the ground. Good positioning from the ref.

Both red for me.

1st one - is a dangerous jump at the opponent with excessive force. His focus is not on the ball but on the player and to be honest whether the contact is elbow or head is irrelevant.

2nd one - look at the body shape of the player in the tackle. As he enters the challenge he turns his body to the side so as to increase the force of the challenge. Granted he touches the ball but the higher leg catches the opponent very high and clearly endangered his safety.

As you know im an AFCB fan and i saw on the match updates from twitter that the reds were 'soft' and the wolves fans were singing 'its 2-1 to the referee' so i thought, FL Show it is, put it on and was surprised and i thought they were both reds but i didnt know if i was subconsciously being bias XD

Back