A&H

Why is half time 18 minutes on Sky games?

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
Has anybody else noticed this?

Its most games to be honest!

Is there a reason? It's starting to bug me now!

The Referee Store
Half times aren't 18 minutes, the games start at 3 o'clock, finish at 3:46-3:49 due to injury time and then recommence between 4:01-4:04. 15 minutes.

@ELP Sky don't show 3pm kick offs live, I'm talking specifically about the live games.

Say a game kicks off on Sunday afternoon at 4pm, ref blows for HT at 4.47.

Second half should restart at 5.02 yes?

If it's live on Sky it starts at 5.05 85% of the time.

You watch next time!

@ELP Sky don't show 3pm kick offs live, I'm talking specifically about the live games.

Say a game kicks off on Sunday afternoon at 4pm, ref blows for HT at 4.47.

Second half should restart at 5.02 yes?

If it's live on Sky it starts at 5.05 85% of the time.

You watch next time!
It's because they are sky and they rule the world. The premier league rule the refs and money rules everything :) life sorted!

You have to remember that matches that are live on Sky and BT are not governed by the match officials. They will have a floor manager, whose job it will be to ensure the match kicks off on time (in accordance with advert breaks). While you watch, there will be adverts, not just players standing around on the field of play, looking blankly at each other. Every second that they can squeeze out of it = extra cash! Which is all football is becoming about now - unfortunately.

Reactions: HRW
Agreed, but without wanting to be too idealist should Sky really have so much influence on our beautiful game they can blatantly flout the LOTG to line their own pockets?

Has anybody else noticed this?

Its most games to be honest!

Is there a reason? It's starting to bug me now!
I have no understanding of this thread whatsoever ???

if im being stupid ......can someone explain ?:confused:

I remember hearing a story about a live TV Gane (I forget the details sorry) but the person responsible for giving the ref the "nod" was to eager to start the 2nd half by the time the TV came back from an ad break 1 team had already scored within seconds of the restart.

Back