A&H

When is an official assistant referee not an official assistant referee in a cup final ?

Keith

Apparently when an old timer referee thinks female referees are only good enough to give ball in and out of play and offsides.

The Referee Store
I'll bell you later Keith and get the details

Similar to The FA Vase final? :p

Don't get your answer on that as I have not seen that match but the point I am trying to make is they felt highly undermined as they both have both passed their courses and experienced (One is a level 6 the other level 7) and was selected for the game as they have handled cup finals before as AR's and referees.It just seemed they made a 150 mile round trip to be puppets to an egoist he might as well have just picked people out of the crowd to run the line that day.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this post?
It is the way a referee patronises younger experienced referees to boost their own egos.How would you feel if you turned up at a cup final to run the line and then told to just give ball in and out of play and offsides when you are a qualified referee with a good amount of cup final experience ?.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this post?

I didn't to start with. I think that his post answers the title. I believe Keith came accross a situation where an older senior referee either 1) only asked her to do inns and outs or 2) overuled her constantly.

My post was refering to the fact that a couple of time Anthony Taylor overuled Sian Massey in the FA Vase final.

The first one is the answer,sorry if the post was not made clearer.I didn't mean it just because they were both female as I think the attitude could have been to any young official ( but I must admit I was in a foul mood).My main gripe is how are these youngsters going to learn when referees like that will not help them along.

Sounds like he wanted to be the big man on campus!

Back