RefLive

What to wear when you're 4th official

Discussion in 'Assistant Refereeing and Fourth Official' started by Isaac, May 8, 2016.

1. RustyRef

RustyRef Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't really matter as long as you look smart and professional. Better to go with more external layers than less, if you are warm you can take them off and stick them in the ball bag, whereas if you are cold you are stuck until at least half time.

Whatever you do DON'T put extra layers under your kit, at least not more than you would normally wear when in the middle / on the line. Remember if one of the officials goes down injured you'll be on, and there won't be the opportunity to start stripping off leggings / under shirts, etc. So not only will you look like the Michelin man you'll be very uncomfortable by the end.

Brian Hamilton likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RefLive Advertisement RefLive

RefLive
  4. Kes

Kes Suspicious Member Level 5 Referee

County FA/Organisation:
    Somerset
    Just so's you know Brian, I was only joking ....... ;) :D

5. Brian Hamilton

Brian Hamilton I am the storm Observer/Tutor

I know. Most of my kit is either worn out or still in use on courses, assessing locally, etc. :)

6. Charlie Jones

Charlie Jones Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself Level 7 Referee

County FA/Organisation:
    Essex FA
    the banter, or indecent exposure? :p ... not that I'm saying its a bad choice obviously ...