A&H

What sort of award would you like?

John Catley

Level 5 Referee
Hi all, as chairman and ref sec of a league, instead of giving out trophies to our cup final appointed refs, we like to give out something that can be used! So far we've done the following:
Showerproof jacket embroidered with league badge and cup final official
Large hold-all, embroidered again
Leisure type top again embroidered.

So this year I'm stuck, anyone have any great ideas for me please?! Price will be approx the current match fee, so nothing too extravagant!
Cheers!

The Referee Store
Bottle of Whisky/wine with the league badge etc and date etched onto the label maybe?
Anybody teetotal can just keep it as a keepsake. :D

Perhaps an envelope containing a match appointment card with league badge/insignia and containing a referees sporting goods voucher?

Love the whiskey idea....definitely going to look into that. I've considered the voucher route but then figured why not pay a match fee?!?
Thanks for the ideas!

This year, how about embroidered waders?

Seriously, I like the idea of an embroidered (black) shower jacket - is it just the ref that get's one, or the AR's as well. My CFA usually does this for cup finals (although not embroidered, just with the county emblem patch stuck on), and it does look good when all the officials come out for warm up etc and are all wearing the same kit. Presumably not always the same refs doing the finals year in year out, so a nice tradition rather than having to think up new ideas each year?

A bullseye style tankard (without the darts though!) commemorating the event might be nice. Certainly different and something you could use at the local pub in your retired years when regaling anyone who will listen of your time as a referee doing cup finals and such :)

a nice stopwatch wristwatch possibly engraved, usefull piece of kit, every referee needs watches, and the engraving, nice momento

How about a shield type plaque that could be engraved with teams, date etc, and mounted on a wall?

Different and very special!

How about a shield type plaque that could be engraved with teams, date etc, and mounted on a wall?

Different and very special!
Or a unique, engraved, implement, especially designed for tucking shirts in ... :rolleyes:

This one could run and run ... :):)

Reactions: Kes
Moltan valkeen - or other things that refs generally look at and think "I'd like, but I'm not paying for it" but to be given it, it would get used.

Either that or +10 points on their season average marks back to the CFA from the league!

How about an engraved Joe Harken Referee Crowbar (TM) (see Guardian posts for more info...)

Back