A&H

What are our thoughts on this?

Ah, you'll be going yellow for 'match control' reasons then.......

People....its clear as day that both the gk's feet leave the floor in the challenge.....that makes him effectively an unguided missile.....which endangers the safety of his opponent....which is serious foul play....which is a red card.
It's very simple this refereeing lark, you simply have to referee what is in front of you and not try to find reasons why you shouldn't give the correct sanction.
It is literally impossible to slide tackle without both feet leaving the ground at some point

The Referee Store
It is literally impossible to slide tackle without both feet leaving the ground at some point

IEuAF.jpg

@Yacinho - please be careful of how you speak to other forum users. Calling others incompetent because they see an incident differently is not acceptable.

Gents it is okay to view a situation differently. Let's not dissolve into pointless and personal arguing.

For what it's worth - straight red for the keeper for that tackle for me. Out of control lunge, SFP.

As for the push, if that is a grassroots game, match abandoned. I'm going home. Although that said, I would be surprised if that kind of push would knock me over. ;) ref went down very easy.

Ref went down easily but its still got to be a dismissal. The aggression in that action and movement is enough for that player to be walking. Actually very similar to what happened to me today.

I agree, was being a little flippant above. The whole movement of the keeper towards the ref was asking for trouble

@Yacinho - please be careful of how you speak to other forum users. Calling others incompetent because they see an incident differently is not acceptable.

Gents it is okay to view a situation differently. Let's not dissolve into pointless and personal arguing.

For what it's worth - straight red for the keeper for that tackle for me. Out of control lunge, SFP.

As for the push, if that is a grassroots game, match abandoned. I'm going home. Although that said, I would be surprised if that kind of push would knock me over. ;) ref went down very easy.
I do believe it was padfoot's calling referees incompetent if they didn't think that it was a red... Yacinho was simply referring to that. Personally I'm getting bored of padfoot calling referees incompetent or lazy or other if they disagree with him

Red card for the tackle IMO, and then with the "push" the keepers just asking for even more trouble when the reports go in!

As a former centre forward i can reassure you that all centre backs are cheating c.....

:D

Not strictly true, but hey.

As a former centre back I can assure our fellow ref chat readers that this is absolutely not the case!
You're saying that when you tackled your feet never, at any point, left the ground?? You're a better man than I then!! I'm not talking knee high btw I'm talking my inches and for a spit second?? As a former centre half my self I find it hard to believe

You're saying that when you tackled your feet never, at any point, left the ground?? You're a better man than I then!! I'm not talking knee high btw I'm talking my inches and for a spit second?? As a former centre half my self I find it hard to believe

Im not saying never, merely challenging the statement that its impossible not to. I always kept it on the ground, as when my leading leg was going to ground, my back leg was collapsing onto the turf so one foot was always touching the ground. Not sure how you were tackling :p

If I can offer my opinion ... this challenge is reckless at the very best, as he leaves the ground with both feet and loses all control of his trajectory. He does not make contact with both feet/legs, just one. I would have cautioned for this challenge.

With regard to the action on the referee, the contact is minimal and appears to be a loss of balance by the match official. The dismissal was reported as being aggressive towards a match official.

If I can offer my opinion ... this challenge is reckless at the very best, as he leaves the ground with both feet and loses all control of his trajectory. He does not make contact with both feet/legs, just one. I would have cautioned for this challenge.

With regard to the action on the referee, the contact is minimal and appears to be a loss of balance by the match official. The dismissal was reported as being aggressive towards a match official.

What dismissal code would that come under Brian? VC?

For me, a yellow for the tackle as I'm not sure he's flying in with a two footed lunge. Knocking the ref over was a weird one. Looks like minimal contact, but if any player does that has half a brain cell they should be acting much more apologetically in my opinion. His constant badgering of the ref doesnt make for good watching in my opinion.

Brian, do you not think that once he is out of control because both feet are off the floor, he is totally unable to avoid injuring his opponent should his opponent not take avoiding action?
I'm sorry but it is a textbook case of endangering the safety of his opponent...only the actions of the opponent prevent injury....

When additional guidance was provided on "two footed" challenges a few seasons ago I asked a more senior colleague who had the benefit of FIFA guidance on this matter. Not name dropping, he just happened to be part of my RA and started his refereeing career on the same open age league as me, albeit with a 20 year gap.

He said that in this type of challenge, if there was contact with the opponent with both feet, even if the ball was played, then dismiss. If there was contact with one foot even if the ball was played, then caution. If there was no contact and the ball was played, then award a free kick and have a strong word. I have worked to this guidance for the last 10 years and never found it wanting.

I can understand why you think the player should be dismissed and I think this challenge was a close call, but I'd be happy with either caution or dismissal if I was assessing, considering I don't have the same proximity or viewing angle as the referee making the decision.

Back