A&H

Wealdstone v York DOGSO

The Referee Store
I'm very much of the opinion here that the advantage is good practice.
As has been mentioned already, there are 8 minutes to play and the score is 1-1.
If you were to ask any manager I'm certain they'd prefer their striker have a shot at goal from inside the area with no keeper in the goal rather than a FK and a man advantage for 8 minutes.

Allow play to continue and the when the ball is next dead, go and caution the defender.

that's what I thought. :)
It doesn't say what you seem to think it says. When the R goes back to give the FK for the foul, it means he did not play advantage, as he decided the advantage did not ensue, and therefore the sendoff is correct. The downgrade is for when advantage does ensue, and the R waits for the next stoppage of play to give the caution.

It doesn't say what you seem to think it says. When the R goes back to give the FK for the foul, it means he did not play advantage, as he decided the advantage did not ensue, and therefore the sendoff is correct. The downgrade is for when advantage does ensue, and the R waits for the next stoppage of play to give the caution.
Exactly this. And that's where I have a problem, the attacker had a much more obvious chance of scoring from the advantage than a free kick would have given, that's why I think it should have been play on and go back to caution the defender at the next stoppage. In really don't like going back for a free kick because the attacker made a mess of the advantage, that's giving two bites of the cherry.

Interesting. There is 5 seconds between pull and ref blowing. In my opinion the advantage period is over.

Interesting. There is 5 seconds between pull and ref blowing. In my opinion the advantage period is over.

If the time to see if advantage has ensued is past, then he can't go back and give the FK. By giving the FK, the R concluded it was not too late. I haven't seen the clip (geo blocking . . . ), but as described, I'm inclined to agree with @RustyRef that advantage did exist and was squandered such that there should not have been a FK, and the caution should have been issued at the next stoppage of play.

yep = maybe the issue then is how long he let the advantage play out. I would not have brought it back, so that's probably why I was questioning the RC.

Back