A&H

USA v Ghana friendly

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Was watching this fixture last night and after 20 odd minutes the keeper done a challenge that should have seen red.

Regardless of it being a friendly, this challenge is unacceptable.

About 4 mins 10 secs onwards.

The Referee Store
Stupid easy DOGSO-F call there.

Direction? Good.
Distance? Good.
Ball control? Pretty likely he was staying with it.
Defenders? One to get by, and a defender that cannot handle the ball, so... Good.

Stupid easy DOGSO-F call there.

Direction? Good.
Distance? Good.
Ball control? Pretty likely he was staying with it.
Defenders? One to get by, and a defender that cannot handle the ball, so... Good.

Mate that foul is nothing to do with DOGSO
That's serious foul play. All your rationale is irrelevant, its a red for SFP no matter when where or how......

Game to big for the referee, so bottled it? :sorry:
And he is at the Gold Cup as a "Targeted Advanced Referee Program", so he was one of the up and coming OR not as the case may be.:wow:

Mate that foul is nothing to do with DOGSO
That's serious foul play. All your rationale is irrelevant, its a red for SFP no matter when where or how......
Just because a foul is SFP doesn't mean it can't be a DOGSO offence as well. While it does make it something of a moot point if the player is being sent off for SFP anyway, in this case I think the point is that even though the referee for some inexplicable reason did not see this as SFP, DOGSO would still be a consideration.

Its SFP. On the basis wherever on the park that tackle takes place, its SFP
The DOGO is limited to the denying of the GSO
This tackle is SFP.

Its SFP. On the basis wherever on the park that tackle takes place, its SFP
The DOGO is limited to the denying of the GSO
This tackle is SFP.
I think everyone in this thread agrees that this is SFP. However I really don't understand what point (if any) you're trying to make in relation to whether it was also a DOGSO offence. Are you saying that it was DOGSO, that it wasn't DOGSO, that it can't be DOGSO because it's SFP, or what? I really can't tell. And what does, "The DOGO is limited to the denying of the GSO" mean?

At the tackle, play should be stopped and player dismissed for SFP. DOGSO does not come into the equation here.
The DOGSO is irrelevant here.
But each to own. You ref and report your way and I will do likewise mine

At the tackle, play should be stopped and player dismissed for SFP. DOGSO does not come into the equation here.
The DOGSO is irrelevant here.
But each to own. You ref and report your way and I will do likewise mine
I already stipulated that it is an academic discussion if (as in this situation) the player should be sent off for SFP anyway. So that is what we were having here - an academic discussion relating to various aspects of the incident. And in an academic discussion, it is perfectly acceptable to discuss theoretical aspects of a the matter at hand, such as: if in a hypothetical scenario this were not SFP, would a possibility of a DOGSO offence be a consideration?

Its a referee forum mate not an online fight between Oxford and Harvard. You are clearly fishing with live bait and I bit

Back