A&H

Uruguay vs Holland

jwking

Check out this challenge from the Uruguay vs Holland game last week on Van Pirse. Amazingly it didnt even result in a yellow card.

Link to Video

Disclaimer the link points back to the video on my blog

The Referee Store
Saw this post on twitter. Couldn't quite believe it when I saw it. How he got away with it amazes me!

That is a shocking decision. Probably a referee saying "It's only a friendly" but I referee friendlies like I would a regular competition match as it's as much practice for me as it is the players.

One thing I learned in my tournament was to bare in mind the "consderations" when choosing whether a tackle is "careless," "reckless," or "using excessive force:"

1) Did the play have a fair chance at playing the ball? Yes, he did.
2) Did the player put his opponent in a dangerous situation? Yes, he did.
3) With which part of the body did the player make contact on his opponent? The studs.
4) On which part of the opponent's body did the player make contact? The shins.
5) Did the player "far exceed the necessary force" when making the challenge? I don't know that he did; he started from a standing position and didn't take a long running start therefore necessitating the jump.

All in all, with these considerations in mind, I'd say it's a caution for USB as the player committed a reckless challenge.

You're just saying that coz you are a spurs fan :p

Back