A&H

UK promotion

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
So i moved over to the Channel Island this summer as a level 4 and I know that I will have to revert back to a level 5 should I still be here next year...

However, I have met a referee over here who has previously refereed in the Egyption 2nd division and is hoping to be able to referee at at least level 4 in England (certainly start at 4 or potentially higher). He's willing to travel over at his expense to meet the number of games required but I'm asking the question on his behalf if its possible as a resident of a Channel Island to do this and who to contact (he will go anywhere but presumably London is his best bet to get the number of required games in quickly and for ease of transport).

TIA

The Referee Store
Don't think so, and it just wouldn't be practical anyway. They wouldn't agree to only give him weekend games, so how is he going to get back after a midweek 7.45 kick off?

I know that Jersey used to have a J4 level, that was supposed to be the equivalent of a L4 in England, but it didn't give them the same games as an L4.

He really needs to contact his RDO though who can then check with the FA refereeing department.

He could just as easily close them.

This.
Don't think you'd get away with closing every midweek for a full season. One of the criteria for applying for L4 is that you are regularly available on Saturdays and midweek evenings.

Don't think you'd get away with closing every midweek for a full season. One of the criteria for applying for L4 is that you are regularly available on Saturdays and midweek evenings.
There are people with less availability. Police officers and paramedics and such like. Military refs that go off for months at a time. If he commits to be available (almost) every Saturday he'd possibly still offer better availability than the least available I'd guess.

There are people with less availability. Police officers and paramedics and such like. Military refs that go off for months at a time. If he commits to be available (almost) every Saturday he'd possibly still offer better availability than the least available I'd guess.
I was always told that they accept if you miss some Saturdays or some midweeks, but you can't say you are only available Saturdays or midweeks, it has to be both. They were always good with me as my job meant I was away a lot of midweeks, for a fairly long spell I worked almost every other week in Scotland, but they did say it couldn't continue indefinitely. Might have changed now though.

Back