A&H

U16 academy

Rob123

I’m refereeing u16 academy game with no liners. This is a game that usually has liners any tips ?

The Referee Store
I’m refereeing u16 academy game with no liners. This is a game that usually has liners any tips ?
Do you mean you don't have neutral assistants or you don't have any assistants?
If the former, aim to obtain club assistants who are not substitutes in the game.
If the latter, make it clear to coaches, captains, and tbrough them the players, that your decisions will be what counts. I suspect club assistants will be appointed.
Enjoy the game.

Be thankful for the occasions you do have ars and use today as a chance to knock your pan in, angles, wide, lots of running, combined with management skills.
If given the chance, try slow the pace of the game, might give you that extra chance of being in more credible positions.

here is a tip that hopefully is described as intended. If about to give offside, yet, to do so is not entirely crediible, delay your whistle a second, and sprint to be in a more credible position and blow.
It will then appear when you actually blow that you were in a better position than you actually were. Of course its not fool proof but it might help you on a few occasions.

Failing that, for a tight offside, " who played him on ref?" shout-point " number 2, full back" then run away from the scene of the crime...............

I did an u16 academy game on Saturday morning. All 3 assigned referees were unavailable so I stepped in last minute on my own.

The academy manager got 2 of the subs to do it. I'd have happily done it myself with no ARs but that's not a thing down here like it is up north.

You can only work with the tools that you've got. Ask what they want to do and go with that. If they don't want to do it and you're on your own then go with that. Nothing to be concerned about and it's not your fault, just crack on and if they're unhappy with offsides then just say your doing your best in impossible circumstances, smile and carry on.

Back