A&H

U13 cup match

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Today I had a cup match that, on arrival, I was still confused of the rules despite emailing 2 separate people within the local fa/fixture sec due to nothing being available that I could find online except that if the tie ends in a draw, extra time follows then penalties (this was mentioned in the header of the fixture list). Got no responses from emails.

Showed both managers prior to match everything I could find and they too were unsure.
Only things I found related to adult football.
Agreed before match that as both teams play roll on roll off we will for this fixture. Both agreed that if extra time is needed it's 10 minutes each way.
Due to teams being from different leagues, the away side said they play with development goals meaning their bigger than 9 a side but smaller than traditional 11 a side. But the home side play with traditional 11 a side.

Game went ahead and with 5 minutes to go, was asked by BOTH teams to stop the game as it was 9-0 and literally the losing keeper just sat down and gave up. Between goals 8 and 9, forwards literally passed it to the other team and the team stopped and allowed them to walk through them to score again.

I may have gone against the laws here but it was punishment full stop to play the final 5 minutes in a cup match that was already won/lost.

Screenshot of Refsix app showing the times of the goals in the 2nd half.

Screenshot_20210829-135733_REFSIX.jpg

The Referee Store
Been asked many times by one side or both to end the game early. My response is always the same. Happy if you guys want to walk off but I would run the game as per normally time while both teams are still playing.

The managers can agree on it, inform you and walk off. They shouldn't put the responsibilty on you to end the game. If any admin issues happen in the future, you can not be held responsible for it.

Personally, I wouldn't agree.

I would say if they want to walk off they're welcome to do so to force the issue, but I wouldn't end the game early officially or with any agreement with them.

If they both walk off, then I'd submit the report as an abandoned match, and let the competition organisers decide what to do, I would absolutely not submit it as a played/completed match, or agree to cull the match early, as I think that would open a can of disciplinary worms that we wouldn't want to be getting involved with.

But then, I've never had that happen to me in my entire career - the closest thing is a 'don't add on extra time ref, just call it at 45' when a team has been hammered and I think that's fair.

It's first time it's happened to me in 21 years. I've had the don't add time but in this case I had players literally sit down and refuse to play, including the keeper.
To me I was caught between a rock and a hard place.

These are kids, 13 years old.

Blow the whistle for full time. You are sole arbiter of time on the pitch. Anyone asks, game ran its length (if you are really worried, leave your stopwatch running until full time, then stop it. Anyone asks if you cut the game short, say “no” and show them your watch.)

Ill say it again, they’re kids. We want them to turn up and play again next week.

Back