A&H

U11 development gk

Townie

I've been assigned an under 11 development league game.

I can't find any specifics under the parent league rules.

Do I make sure the kids retreat to half way on gks?

I've also seen contradiction in documents saying fk Wall should be 7 and 10 yards away, which is right?

Any other special allowance ls for this age?

The Referee Store
You may find this useful: file:///C:/Users/chasm/Downloads/guidance-for-officials---officiating-youth-football---march-2018.pdf and especially https://www.hampshirefa.com/referees/rules-and-regulations'
The league secretary or appointments secretary should provide you with a competition-specific set of rules.
Re your specifics: no need to retreat to own half, as that applies only in mini-soccer; 10 yards for free kicks. Remember that offside is new to the players at that age.
Enjoy the game.

You may find this useful: file:///C:/Users/chasm/Downloads/guidance-for-officials---officiating-youth-football---march-2018.pdf and especially https://www.hampshirefa.com/referees/rules-and-regulations'
The league secretary or appointments secretary should provide you with a competition-specific set of rules.
Re your specifics: no need to retreat to own half, as that applies only in mini-soccer; 10 yards for free kicks. Remember that offside is new to the players at that age.
Enjoy the game.

Thank you, I did see that document but saw it was Hampshire and from 2018.
But you've cleared it up nicely for me. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated, enjoy the rest of your weekend

It is definitely a good idea to check with the organisers of the individual league / competition (or if that's not possible for some reason then I guess at least with the coaches pre-match) as it isn't standard everywhere.

My son referees in two different U11s leagues in the same geographical region in England.
  • One league plays 9v9, 30 minute halves, offsides in force, no retreat line.
  • The other plays 7v7, 25 minute halves, no offsides, retreat line in force.
Enjoy your game.

Back