A&H

Top 3 ignored laws

Eh? I thought the 'deliberate trick' was if the player got on his hands and knees and headed it back, for example????

A player can indeed pass the ball to their keeper if it is not kicked (i.e. using the foot). A deliberate trick would be flicking it up to themselves, and kneeing it back. This is circumventing the laws of the game, and is not allowed. And actually in my experience, referees normally notice it.

The Referee Store
In terms of PL and FL I'd say foul throws.

Very, very rarely seen a player at this level penalised for even the most blatant.

Perhaps referees don't want to be seen to penalise 'professional' players for something that shows unprofessionalism.

Very, very rarely seen a player at this level penalised for even the most blatant.

Perhaps referees don't want to be seen to penalise 'professional' players for something that shows unprofessionalism.
More likely that the referee is concentrating on the drop zone and not looking for a foul throw

That drop zone where you can practically throw someone to the floor and not get punished!! How I love league 2 centre backs!

1.The kick off - player who is receiving pass stood in opponents half and or ball played sideways or backwards instead of forwards.
2.opponents moving to stand in front of ball to prevent quick free kick.
3. at penalties encroachment into penalty box frequently ignored.

There is no reason we should be ignoring this, I will not allow it.
I will usually give a warning that I will not allow him to prevent quick FKs for 90 mins but if the attacking team attempt a quick free kick before I can give this warning, and he touches it, caution every time from me.

I had this yesterday in an u11's game. I'd just moved two defenders back from the ball only to find another defender, arms crossed, stood in front of the ball (has the coach taught them this, I wonder).

as I moved him back and pointed out the error of his ways i also explained to the defenders collectively that, when you're 3-2 down with a couple of minutes to go, it's not the wisest tactic to employ

Err, no it isn't.......

Err, yes it is (we could do this all day). Maybe the wording I used was a bit back to front, but playing with the ball and kneeing it back (for example) is classified as below....

"uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own
goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law..."

I once saw a player flick the ball up and knee it back to his keeper. Wasn't given and no-one said anything.

Yes, your wording was very poor. It suggested that any play with knee, thigh (etc) was bad. It's only bad when you juggle it up to do that, go down on a knee to hit it with your knee back to the GK, etc.

Trickery is bad.

I've only ever seen this happen once, earlier this year at the AFCON, and it was whistled, though it wasn't cautioned:

Last season in theCL with celtic v juventus I think was the only time I have seen a goalkeeper penalised for parrying and then picking it up. Shot came in, keeper put his hands to the ground and pushed it away then 2 seconds later picked it up

QPR v Chelsea - one was given yesterday!

Chelsea player wanted to take throw from point A, Marriner (who had a superb game btw) told him to take from point B.

Player reluctantly went to this point but....then edged forward and took from point A.

AM gave throw to QPR.

Chelsea player wanted to take throw from point A, Marriner (who had a superb game btw) told him to take from point B.

Player reluctantly went to this point but....then edged forward and took from point A.

AM gave throw to QPR.
Saw that too... Absolutely loved it!! Especially drogba rollocking ivanovic afterwards

AM gave throw to QPR.

I meant more an incorrect action than incorrect placement tbh. Perhaps didn't explain myself very well.

I meant more an incorrect action than incorrect placement tbh. Perhaps didn't explain myself very well.
Did Mark Clattenburg not give one in the Manchester United vs Manchester City match? If I remember correctly, Antonio Valencia took a throw in from the half way line & MC awarded the throw in the other way, then gestured to Valencia that his hands have to come from behind his head and cannot simply flick the ball from on top.

In the Hull Sunday League I would say one of the top three is definitely teams playing players who are not registered to that particular club. Teams don't provide opponents / officials with team sheets like other leagues do, we have an ID booklet which has all the registered players details on which teams can ask to see prior to kick off to check if they are all above board, registered and legit. Teams very very rarely ask their opponents to provide these ID booklets as it usual starts confrontation / arguments etc. If a team though are asked to provide their ID booklets for any of their squad and they cannot provide one that particular player cannot take part in the match.

More leagues are having a problem with unregistered players.
The York Saturday League now, if proven,
  • cancels any points won by the offending team;
  • awards the points to the opposition; and
  • fines the club concerned. This can be for: playing an unregistered player & filling in an incorrect team sheet & submitting an incorrect match return.
There is a league in the South which will fine £150 for a player playing under an assumed name.

Expensive if caught - the awarding of the game causes the opposition to be very pro-active on checking for unregistered players.....

Back