A&H

Thoughts on friends running the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
And forgive my apparent lack of expertise on this but if CAR is Club assistant then, no, two pals or a 12 yo son are not club?
CAR to me implies supplied by the club. Surely in the name of consistancy if you are duty bound to use CAR then they are club supplied.
The clue being in their title.

And forgive my apparent lack of expertise on this but if CAR is Club assistant then, no, two pals or a 12 yo son are not club?
CAR to me implies supplied by the club. Surely in the name of consistancy if you are duty bound to use CAR then they are club supplied.
The clue being in their title.
Technically, it's an assistant nominated by the clubs. Hence the suggestion made before about asking the clubs if they'd like to nominate these two guys I've turned up with, which I think would be totally within league rules, and certainly something that some clubs would go along with.

What purpose would a friend holding a flag at a U11 serve?
If you cant keep up with play enough to see ball in and out of play at an U11 game then I stand by my comments, come back when your fitness level has improved because even at that age, if a team are paying money for your services, they deserve someone who can keep up with play
Offside, same, you be lucky if any of the players can kick a ball more than 30 yards when its moving, nevermind from a dead ball
If you scared you cant judge offside yourself in a U11 match then again, I accept saying "resign" is harsh, but, come back when you are more confident in your own ability
Its U11. There is, or should be, no reason why you be more than 12 yards away from the ball at any given time and no reason why you cant get a wide angle to detect offsides. Having "friends" on the line will just hinder your development, go do what you qualified to do and referee on your own merits.
I really think you should wind your neck in on this one. That's in the opinion of this referee, no offence intended.
Just out of order.
Nothing mentioned in the op about fitness or keeping up with play. Something you have introduced and even then a pound would get you ten that even you could be out of position to accurately judge an offside even if they are under eleven year old players.

f29df63eb6c7bd1f23a72695b4ae2708--soccer-memes-ronald-mcdonald.jpg
I offered to be Mintys AR but he said he was fine on his own!!! :cool: They even gave him his own shirt!!!

I really think you should wind your neck in on this one. That's in the opinion of this referee, no offence intended.
Just out of order.
Nothing mentioned in the op about fitness or keeping up with play. Something you have introduced and even then a pound would get you ten that even you could be out of position to accurately judge an offside even if they are under eleven year old players.

Pretty much my friends want to watch me ref but since it's an U11 game they think it would look a bit weird. They said they would be happy to linesmen so just to clarify, would they be allowed if they asked the managers, they allowed them and I allowed them?

League rules
upload_2017-11-15_19-55-52.png
upload_2017-11-15_19-56-37.png

The concept of non disclosure checked people taking part in an organised official league game of football is alien to me, that's why I ask

You can't be DBS checked until you are 16, so all officials below that age are non disclosure checked people.

As an aside from the above.......Just because someone has had a CRB / DBS check it doesn't mean they are 'safe', there are many examples of teachers and even sports instructors and coaches, all of which would have 'passed' all the CRB / DBS criteria who've rightly being jailed for a variety of activities!
one example... http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-primary-school-head-teacher-13628253
Its absolute folly to think otherwise!!! These are clever people who do stuff not to get caught!!

Wind my neck in! Because my opinion seems harsh! A better retort would simply be to say you disagree.
Harsh? Your opinion has stepped way beyond the original post. A question was asked and answered then you have waded in implying that this inexperienced referee is not up to the task.
He came on here with an honest question. He did it to see whether it was advisable to do it because he was unsure.....and you have no justification to lambast him the way you have.
Just do the decent thing, grow a pair and offer him the apology he deserves, give him the respect he is due.

As an aside from the above.......Just because someone has had a CRB / DBS check it doesn't mean they are 'safe', there are many examples of teachers and even sports instructors and coaches, all of which would have 'passed' all the CRB / DBS criteria who've rightly being jailed for a variety of activities!
one example... http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-primary-school-head-teacher-13628253
Its absolute folly to think otherwise!!! These are clever people who do stuff not to get caught!!
Exactly.

All a DBS check will do is see if you have a record. If you are an offender, but have yet to get caught, your DBS will come back clear.

Very thin ice chaps. Very thin
Really? I think I have every right to attempt redress for the implied slur on a very inexperienced new referee and member of this forum. Unless you'd care to take up the mantle?

A simple disagreement or dismissal of my comments is fine
Provocative down the pub words such as, wind your neck in, are immflammatory
I am permitted to dismiss the idea of CAR at u11 level, and I explained why
If you are duty bound to use them, thats something else altogether

And there is no slur. It is my honest opininon that if you need CAR at U11 level then no, I personally do not feel you are yet capable of officiating
If you are duty bound to use them, thats different to needing to officiate with them

And there is no slur. It is my honest opininon that if you need CAR at U11 level then no, I personally do not feel you are yet capable of officiating
If you are duty bound to use them, thats different to needing to officiate with them
So you wouldn't be offended by your post I have repeated below?
if you need CAR at an U11 game then just resign your badge now and admit its not your thing
I bloody would be and I'd also be offended on your behalf!
The response was completely out of the context of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back