A&H

The Referee - Premier League Appointments 19th May – Last Game of the Season (or is it)

This Sunday is the last day of the premier league season and we have that rare treat of all games being played on the same day. Everything is pretty much wrapped up, however there is the chance that if Arsenal and Chelsea finish level on points and goal differnece nad goals scored, we will have a play off for 3rd place.
Is that the most stupid play off ever, I do hope that it doesnt happen as I am sure someone will have the idea that we should have play offs to decide who wins the league as they do in Rugby Union. I know they had them in Holland but they have less European places so it does make more sense. I would rather head to head records come into play which would then see Chelsea finish 3rd.
Anyway the appointments

Chelsea v Everton Anthony Taylor S Ledger L Betts J Moss
Liverpool v QPR Martin Atkinson P Kirkup S Burt R Madley
Man City v Norwich Mark Halsey R Ganfield M McDonough M Clattenburg
Newcastle v Arsenal Howard Webb M Mullarkey D Cann K Friend
Southampton v Stoke Lee Probert G Beswick A Garratt S Attwell
Swansea v Fulham Lee Mason S Massey P Bankes R East
Tottenham v Sunderland Andre Marriner S Child S Long P Dowd
West Brom v Man Utd Michael Oliver D C Richards D Bryan C Foy
West Ham v Reading Mike Dean J Collin J Brooks P Tierney
Wigan v Aston Villa Neil Swarbrick D England S Bennett J Adcock
Related articles

The post Premier League Appointments 19th May – Last Game of the Season (or is it) appeared first on The Referee.

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
It does seem a bit silly. What are the results between the two teams in the league games? I would have thought that would provide a better judge of the 'better' team than a one-off match. Especially after the number of games Chelsea have already played.

Back