A&H

Tariff for calling the ref a cheat?

Trip

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
I was called a cheat for the first time on Saturday. Not just a cheat, but a f*cking cheat. Twice.

I was somewhat surprised to find he's only been given a 2 match ban. Is there a list of recommended ban lengths for various offenses?

The Referee Store
I was called a cheat for the first time on Saturday. Not just a cheat, but a f*cking cheat. Twice.

I was somewhat surprised to find he's only been given a 2 match ban. Is there a list of recommended ban lengths for various offenses?

Standard ban for S6 offences is 2 matches.......

I believe there is an option for 3 matches if its aimed at a match official, never seen a player get the 3 match one though.....always appears to be 2 matches.

Guess it might mean using a different form for the 3 match ban, which is probably too much effort for the CFA.

Yes there is, but as another poster says, I wouldn't worry about it. You dealt with the offence and submitted your report correctly no doubt. The tariff states how much the player gets, I'd just move on.

Yes, 2 games is correct. OFFINABUS suspensions will generally only get increased if the comments involve, racist, homophobic, sexist, etc, comments.

You've done your job in getting him off the pitch and suspended for two games. Hopefully he will think better of it before using that word next time.

Is this list published somewhere? I'd be interested to see what the standards are for other offences.

Back