A&H

Step 3/4 requirements

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Hi all.

I’ve got my first step 4 AR appointment coming up. Are the expectations/ build up still the same to that of the level below in that the club and referee will contact you prior to the game, and expected time of arrival are 1.5/2 hours before KO or is there a set expectation at this level. Just getting my work preparations in order

The Referee Store
1.5 hours before kick is the expectation.

2 hours before ko is definitely overkill (and I'd be telling the ref that).

Down to the referee really, I used to work with one referee that wanted to leave really early and get to near the ground well over 2 hours before. He'd then stop somewhere close by and buy us coffees, snacks, and even ice cream on one occasion.

Might be a London / South East thing as car journeys can be so unpredictable. Getting from North London to somewhere like Ware can take anything between 45 minutes and over 2 hours, so you typically have to aim to arrive very early. I once got a to a Dartford Conference Prem 7.45 KO at 7.55 having left around 4pm, almost 4 hours to travel 30 miles. Luckily I could see the Barnet team bus behind me in my rear view mirror so knew it wouldn't be a problem 😂

Back