A&H

Spinsto battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenny76

RefChat Addict
morning all.

I've had my spinsto for 12 months now and the battery icon has been flashing for a few months now, so assuming the battery needs changing.

I've spoken to a few refs and they've said that changing the battery is a nightmare and to take it to a watch repair to have the batteries ( I understand there's more than 1) changed.

Anyone changed there batteries, is it just a simple thing to do or would you reccomend taking somewhere to be done

Thanks

The Referee Store
I changed to batterits on mine with no issues.

Google should turn up instructions on how to do it. It's fiddly but not too difficult

My battery icon started flashing about 15 months ago. Still going strong without a battery change. Google has a few bits and pieces on the Spintso and the battery does seem to go on for quite a while after the flashing icon appears. All it appears to do is switch off the vibration at the end of the period.
That said, I'll probably get mine changed this summer.
(And yes, I know, bad karma will mean it will stop midmatch this Saturday).

The battery issue is the only thing stopping me buying a spintso, really! only lasts 12 months..... been using an RFT 100 now for four years and not changed the battery.... now sod's law will kick in and any week now it will need replacing.......

I got mine done in a jeweller. There are two batteries. He said it was the hardest battery change he'd ever done.

The Spintso's killer feature is the regular buzz when it's paused. Were it not for that I wouldn't have bothered. Previously I had to hold my hand on the pause button no matter how long the stoppage was or I'd forget to restart the clock.

Once I finally relent and buy a smartwatch I won't have a use for the Spintso any more.

Recently took mine to my Dad who replaced the battery no problem. It was a tad fiddly. 15 months with battery icon... there was me panicking mid game thinking U was gunna lose it. Caved in the end as the stop vibrating us incredibly useful

I wandered why the vibration had stopped !!

If it's fiddly then I'm taking it somewhere, with sausage fingers like it'll be thrown through the window within 5 minutes!!

Instructions for replacing the battery of a Spintso watch and an explanation of the battery icon in referee mode and normal mode.

Attachments

• Replace_battery_instructions_-SPINTSO_watch_1.2.pdf
    336.9 KB · Views: 44
soooo ive gone to change the batter, the bottom strap (6 o'clock ) comes off fine, but the top strap (12 o'clock ) screws just seem to turn and turn and not come out, as if the screws have been threaded at manufacture, took it to a watch repairer and said nothing they could do.

Anyone come across this before or any tips????

Thanks

I've still got the two watches I used from when I started refereeing six years ago. They cost ten pound each from Argos, and I've seen even premier league referees using them.

I've never understood why so many referees use an expensive Spintso watch when a ten pound Casio does exactly the same just as good.

There is a uset guide about on the web somewhere with instructions on how to change battery.

It does mention about the pins being a bit trick to get out, cant remember what advice it gives though.

Took it to 3 different places in the end, none of them could get the pin out, until I took it to an old boy and said to him just slice part of the grey plastic away so that you can access the 2 screws to get the back off, which he did, and hasn't made any difference to the watch and the screws are still slightly protected by what's left of the plastic.

Yes old thread but this is a top Google hit.

I just changed the battery.

The strap screws are really frustrating and they kept turning like the thread was broken - but they did come eventually with the help of very small pliers and tight grip (damaging the strap a bit).

The reset button also took ten attempts. It did eventually buzz, reset completely and the battery warning disappeared.

The battery faffing much simpler than the strap! Terrible design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back