A&H

Score for match day coaching report

Tom_R

Level 5 Referee
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to work out an observer score from a match day coaching report?

The Referee Store
There isn’t a score for match day coaching. The promotion scheme for 7-6 and 6-5 no longer has any scored elements for the coach to judge against.

The first level where a score is introduced is 5-4

As above.

Observer reports don't come into it until you're going 5-4 and the marking/scoring criteria are completely different to that shown on a MDC report form. :cool:

I know 🤦‍♂️just thought it would be interesting to see what sort of mark I would’ve got.

I know 🤦‍♂️just thought it would be interesting to see what sort of mark I would’ve got.
In which case, you should be able to do it yourself (for what it's worth). ;)

Obtain both forms and broadly compare your MDC report with the 5-4 one by identifying which (performance) boxes you think match up with each other. For anything on your MDC report for which you received a "standard expected" - give yourself a mark of 7. For anything "performed well" give yourself a mark of 7.5. Any development points you have, knock 0.5 off your final score (for each point) and what you have, whilst totally meaningless, may well satisfy your curiosity!! ;):D

I also will sometimes just rate it as 1,2,3. Maximum possibility for each row is 3.

Calculate your score, and the total score.

another way of accumulating a theoretical score

I think the absence of a basic score is daft. Feel like I have to speak to @Russell Jones in person to communicate my thoughts on a referee's progression
(when acting as MDC)

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to work out an observer score from a match day coaching report?
I wouldn't even bother trying to estimate a score. The criteria are not fully encompassing of the game, and How do you weigh the different sections? I would just take the above and below tick boxes and identify what comments the MDC makes.

I did one a couple of weeks ago, where it could have been anything between a 75 - 85 depending on the weighting I would have applied to each section. but any mark would have been meaningless, as the RDO wants strengths and development areas identified; not a number.

Back